News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of My Future Boyfriend, Animal Planet has the third season premiere of River Monsters, Comedy Central has The Comedy Awards, Discovery Channel has the series premiere of Human Planet, E! has the series premieres of Khloe & Lamar and The Dance Scene, HBO has the miniseries finale of Mildred Pierce, OWN has the series premiere of The Judds, and ReelzChannel has the miniseries finale of The Kennedys.
The Killing (AMC): Repeat. The “Pilot” and “The Cage” episodes from last week both replay, where a homicide detective is drawn into a case of a missing girl on her last day and it turns into something much larger. Runs two hours. The first two hours were outstanding. The pacing is slow, but it doesn’t ever feel boring. It is very atmospheric and highly compelling. I can’t wait for tonight’s new episode. If you missed it last week, you would do well to catch-up.
The Killing (AMC): New. Sarah and Holder are tracking down a potential witness. Councilman Richmond believes he has a leak on his team. Plays again later.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Lisa becomes a magician’s assistant and gets conned into telling his secrets to his biggest rival. Runs 30 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Olivia’s brother tries to gain custody and the families try to figure out what is best in the first episode and Nora and Saul find out their mother has passed in the second. Runs two hours.
- America’s Next Great Restaurant (NBC): New. The six remaining contestants are tasked with creating a food truck that does well.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Claudia Joy is remembering her daughter Amanda. Pamela and Chase attempt to set a good example for their kids. Roxy continues to pursue another business. Roland isn’t sure about being a psychiatrist. Plays again later two times.
- The Borgias (Showtime): New. Rodrigo is seeking a profitable marriage for his daughter. The Borgias take in a Turkish prince for a fee to keep him safe. Plays twice. Three hours in and I’m out. I don’t really care about any of the characters or plotlines. Did you watch the premiere last week? What do you think of the series?
- Breakout Kings (A&E): New. The latest escapee is known to be very anti-government. An explosive package is sent to the home of DuChamp. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Challenge (Food Network): New. Four great donut makers compete in a two round competition. Plays again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef David Schneider challenges Iron Chef Cat Cora to a Greek Cuisine battle. Plays again later.
- Last Cake Standing (Food Network): New. The seven remaining contestants must make a cake for a talent show at a local theater. Plays again later.
- Mildred Pierce (HBO): Finale. Part Four & Five. Mildred opens multiple restaurants and a pie factory. Mildred and Veda have a huge fight. Veda has a career that starts to take off. Mildred finds out some shocking news. Based on the novel by James M. Cain. Runs two hours and 35 minutes. Plays twice. Once again, I am left to say the final two parts has lots of great performances and great recreation of the times, just like the previous three. But, I could not careless about any of it. This has been an overly long and meandering miniseries. What do you think of the miniseries so far?
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the Chicago Bulls at the Orlando Magic followed by the Boston Celtics at the Miami Heat.
- CBS has final round coverage of The Masters golf tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with the New York Yankees at the Boston Red Sox.
- NBC has NHL action.
A&E has five episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
Oxygen has seven episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has 12 episodes of 1000 Ways to Die.
TLC has seven episodes of Hoarding: Buried Alive.
USA has six episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has six episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early and later five more episodes.