News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the second season premiere of The Glades, Animal Planet has a Man-Eating Super Snake special and the series premiere of Finding Bigfoot, Bravo has the sixth season finale of The Real Housewives of Orange County, Discovery Channel has the first season finale of Hogs Gone Wild, Disney Channel has the series premiere of So Random!, Food Network has the 13th season premiere of Challenge and the seventh season premiere of The Next Food Network Star, History has the fifth season premiere of Ice Road Truckers, Lifetime has the first season finale of Coming Home, MTV has the sixth season finale of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew and the 2011 MTV Movie Awards special, National Geographic has the fifth season premiere of Locked Up Abroad, Showtime has the second season premiere of The Real L Word, TLC has the second spring finale of Sister Wives and the second season premiere of Freaky Eaters, and Travel Channel has the series premiere of Mancations.
In late night, MTV has the series premiere of Teen Wolf.
Challenge (Food Network): Season Premiere. Four cake builders design “Awesome ’80s Cakes” for a chance at the prize. Plays again later.
Game of Thrones (HBO): New. The Lannisters use the advantage they have over the Starks. Robb is getting his father’s allies together. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later.
The Glades (A&E): Season Premiere. Jim sets out to solve the murder of a mobster’s daughter and stop an all out war between rivals. Callie and Jeff are trying to prepare for the return of Ray after his release from prison. Plays twice and again later twice. Enter to win The Glades S.1 on DVD. This quickly became one of my favorite shows last summer and have been looking forward to tonight’s return.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The “Love Is a Many Strangled Thing” episode from this past season replays, where Marge gets Homer to take a class on being a better father. Runs 30 minutes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (AMC): New. Goren and Eames are investigating the death of a wine importer found dead in his wine cellar following a tasting. Plays again later.
In Plain Sight (USA Network): New. Mary needs the help of a con artist that makes no apologies for what they do. Plays again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Emmalin is having college problems. Michael is not sure about his career path. Denise is back to work. Plays again later.
- The Food Network Star (Food Network): Season Premiere. A new group of 15 Food Network wannabes have to cook a breakfast dish that represents them and their culinary point of view. Runs two hours. Plays again later.
- The Killing (AMC): New. Sarah and Holder figure out more about where Rosie was on the night she was killed. But, when Jack goes missing, things get sidetracked. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Treme (HBO): New. Delmond has found a new sound. Annie is celebrating. Sonny gets a second chance. Starts five minutes after the hour and runs 65 minutes. Plays again later.
- ABC has Game 3 of the NBA Finals with the Miami Heat at the Dallas Mavericks.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with the Atlanta Braves at the New York Mets.
- FOX has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: STP 400.
- NBC has the Men’s Final of the French Open early.
- TBS has early MLB action with the Chicago Cubs at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Teen Wolf (MTV): Series Premiere. A guy gets bit while searching for a body in the woods and starts to develop new and strange abilities. Plays again later. Haven’t seen anything more than the ads and trailer, but it actually looks like it might be good. Will you be watching tonight?
A&E has nine episodes of Criminal Minds.
Bravo has 11 episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
FX is playing X-Men, X2: X-Men United, and X-Men: The Last Stand tonight.
History has 12 episodes of Ice Road Truckers.
TLC has nine episodes of Sister Wives.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Bizarre Food With Andrew Zimmern.
USA has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has 16 episodes of Bridezillas.