News & Notes
On cable tonight, Bravo has a Inside the Actors Studio: The Cast of Modern Family special, Comedy Central has the first season finale of Sports Show With Norm MacDonald, Cooking Channel has the series premiere of Hook, Line & Dinner, Discovery Channel has a Deadliest Catch: Greenhorns special, TLC has the fifth summer season finale of 19 Kids & Counting, USA Network has the third season premiere of White Collar and the second season premiere of Covert Affairs.
Today is the last day to enter our White Collar S.2 DVD giveaway. Tomorrow is the last day to enter our Burn Notice S.4 DVD set giveaway. And, you still have until next Tuesday to enter our The Glades S.1 DVD giveaway.
MasterChef (FOX): New. More auditions as wannabe chefs compete to be in the top 38.
White Collar (USA Network): Season Premiere. A thief that got away, but not with his loot a few years back returns to get it out of New York. Peter and Neal put their differences aside to take him down. Plays again later. This is a great episode. Even if I don’t particularly care for the direction they are taking Peter and Neal’s relationship. It all started with the way season two ended and Peter accusing Neal of stealing the contents of the submarine and Neal not denying it and telling him to prove it. It feels totally forced to me and not the way something like this would go down after what we’ve seen develop between them over the first two seasons. My biggest problem is it looks like this won’t be a short-lived thing, but be the underlying motivation for the overarching story for this season or at least the first half. Yet, I’m sure just like tonight’s episode that the season will still provide plenty of fun. Have you entered our White Collar S.2 DVD giveaway yet?
Covert Affairs (USA Network): Season Premiere. Annie is helping to protect a Russian tennis player. Ben goes missing after he and Annie return to Washington, D.C. Plays again later.
- Raising Hope (FOX): Repeats. The “Pilot” episode and the “Dream Hoarders” episode replay. If you missed out on this one the first time around, it’s well worth jumping in over the summer so you’ll be ready for all the fun of season two come fall.
- Sports Show With Norm MacDonald (Comedy Central): Season Finale. Norm’s plans to become a mascot don’t go well. Plays again later.
- Tosh.0 (Comedy Central): New. A web redemption and a game show invention. Plays again later.
- ABC has Game 4 of the NBA Finals with Miami Heat at the Dallas Mavericks.
- ESPN2 has Game 2 of the Women’s Softball: College World Series Finals.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Franklin & Bash (TNT): Repeat. Last week’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA Network): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Trophy Wine,” replays.
- Teen Wolf (MTV): Repeats. The first two episodes of the series replay. Both also replay earlier in the evening.
Bravo has 11 episodes of Flipping Out early.
History has 14 episodes of Only in America With Larry the Cable Guy.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne.
Syfy has nine episodes of Ghost Whisperer.
TLC has 10 episodes of 19 Kids & Counting.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.
USA has nine episodes of Covert Affairs early followed by six episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit tonight.
Looks like a pretty decent night for some TV shows. Not bad at all for the summer. I’m glad the pilot of Raising Hope is coming on since my wife and I did not get into the show until midway through the season. Your blog post has me interested and recording the USA Network’s season premiere shows tonight.