News & Notes
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. Coach Taylor gets a big offer. Tim begins to rethink his plans after someone returns to town.
House (FOX): Repeat. The “Recession Proof” episode from this past season replays, where a guy is brought after being exposed to some chemicals at work.
Torchwood (Starz): Season Premiere. All of sudden one day nobody dies and then it happens again the next day. Nobody is dying, which means the population could explode. The CIA thinks that somehow Torchwood could be at the center of the phenomenon. Meanwhile, Capt. Jack is trying to figure out what is going on. Plays twice. This is a fantastic introduction to the new season. What I liked most is that they built the episode in a way that makes it accessible to people that have never watched Torchwood before. It feels like it could be a series premiere, yet there is plenty for longtime fans as well. I can’t wait to see where they go with this very interesting storyline.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Four episodes replay tonight. All four play again later.
- Flashpoint (CBS): New. A connection is found between who shot Ed and a drug boss. Ed goes into surgery at the same time his wife is having labor complications.
- Outrageous Foods (Food Network): New. “The 800 Pound Burger” and other burgers around the country. Plays again later.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing action with the Nationwide Series: Feed the Children 300.
- ESPN2 has continued coverage of the U.S. Women’s Open golf tournament.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Versus has Stage 7 of the Tour de France.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “But There’s a Catch,” replays.
A&E has six episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
Spike TV has 10 episodes of Gangland.
Syfy is playing Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, and Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country today.
USA Network has seven episodes of NCIS.
WE tv has 10 episodes of Frasier tonight.