News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of Cyberbully, AMC has the fourth season premiere of Breaking Bad, Cooking Channel has an Eden Eats special, Food Network has the series premiere of Heat Seekers, Spike TV has the second summer season premiere of Auction Hunters and the series premiere of Bar Rescue, style has the series premiere of Big Rich Texas, TLC has the second season premiere of My Strange Addiction, truTV has the series premiere of Vegas Strip, and WE tv has the first season finale of Amsale Girls.
Challenge (Food Network): New. Four chocolatiers compete to build the best mythical creatures out of chocolate. Plays again later.
Leverage (TNT): New. The team is tracking a Van Gogh painting that was thought to have been lost during WWII, but learn it is at the center of a love story. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “The 15 Minute Job,” replays earlier in the day. Great episode. Danny Glover guest-stars as an older gentleman telling the story of his part in the missing painting. Loved how they used the main cast to take on the roles of the people in the past, as we see the story being told play out.
The Glades (A&E): New. Jim is investigating a murder in community of a sideshow. Sam is thinking about taking a permanent position. Plays twice and again later twice. Last week’s episode, “Dirty Little Secrets,” replays earlier in the day.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. “Homer Scissorhands” episode replays, where Homer goes into the hair salon business. Runs 30 minutes.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane goes to pickup Grayson’s wedding rings and ends up in the middle of a robbery. Plays again later.
Falling Skies (TNT): New. A militia leader comes to Tom’s camp and tells of an impeding alien attack and a potential safe haven for their children. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Silent Kill,” replays earlier in the day. If you’ve liked the show so far, things get even better tonight and next week.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Season Premiere. Walt and Jesse are in a deadly spot. Skyler is trying to figure out a weird disappearance. Marie is helping Hank. Plays twice and again later.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): New. Larry somehow ends up being a role model for battered women. Leon is mistaken as someone else. Plays again later.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): New. Signature dishes are cooked. Wolfgang Puck gives one finalist a cooking lesson. Plays again later.
- In Plain Sight (USA Network): New. Mary is protecting an Army veteran riddled with guilt. Mary’s ex-husband returns. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “The Rolling Stones,” replays earlier in the day.
- The Protector (Lifetime): New. Gloria and Michelle are looking into the murder of a plastic surgeon. Gloria’s ex-husband returns. Plays twice.
- ABC has final round coverage of the British Open golf tournament.
- ESPN has final round coverage of the British Open golf tournament early, Women’s World Cup final with Japan vs. U.S. and later Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with Boston Red Sox at the Tampa Bay Rays.
- TBS has early MLB action with the Philadelphia Phillies at the New York Mets.
- TNT has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Lennox Industrial Tools 301.
- Versus has Stage 15 of the Tour de France.
- White Collar (TNT): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Scott Free,” replays
A&E has five episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
ABC Family is playing Bring It On, Bring It On: Fight to the Finish, and Bring It On: All or Nothing today.
Bravo has six episodes of The Real Housewives of New York City.
History has 12 episodes of Swamp People.
Oxygen has five episodes of America’s Got Talent.
Spike TV has 10 episodes of Auction Hunterstonight.
Travel Channel has the five-part 101 Chowdown Countdown.
USA Network has seven episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit tonight.
WE tv has nine episodes of Bridezillas.