News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night to Rock special, FOX has the series premiere of In the Flow With Affion Crocket, and NBC has the second season finale of The Marriage Ref.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has The Exorcist Files special, Food Network has the seventh season finale of The Next Food Network Star and second season premiere of The Great Food Truck Race, TV Guide has a 100 Hollywood Crimes, Misdemeanors & Dirty Deeds special, and VH1 has the fourth season finale of Behind the Music.
Food Network Star (Food Network): New. Reunion special has the season’s competitors returning to talk about the competition. Plays again later. Season finale follows.
Leverage (TNT): New. In the first of two episodes tonight, a funeral director is taking from their clients and the team sets out to take them down. Hardison ends up in a precarious predicament. This is another fantastic episode for @BethJRiesgraf’s Parker. They have really been giving her some great stuff this season and she continues to excel with it. In the episode that follows, the team is going up against a con man with an impressive lineage. Both play again later. TNT recently picked the show up for a fifth season.
The Glades (A&E): New. The clues to a murder may be found in a poached boar. Things may be starting back up between Jim and Callie. Plays twice and again later twice. The previous episode, “Iron Pipeline,” replays earlier in the day.
- Against the Wall (Lifetime): New. Abby and Lina are given a case involving an ex-con being harassed by police. Abby does a favor for her mother in regards to her brother’s IA case. Plays twice. The previous two episodes replay earlier in the day. I am really liking this show and tonight’s episode is another solid outing.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Jesse is missing. Hank has some bad news. Runs 64 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): New. Larry ends up the hero. A nosy waiter causes problems for Jeff. Plays again later.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane takes on the case of a woman that accuses a football player of date rape. Kim ends up helping her sister in a divorce settlement. Plays again later.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Vince needs to pass a drug test. Ari heads to Bobby Flay’s restaurant with an old flame. Plays again later.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): Season Finale. The final three competitors must complete their “Pilot” episodes. Plays again later.
- The Great Food Truck Race (Food Network): New. Food trucks from coast to coast compete. Plays again later.
- In the Flow With Affion Crocket (FOX): Series Premiere. Sketch comedy show. The studio aspect feels like too much filler, but the sketches are mostly humorous. It’s full of celebrity impressions for the most part. Of the none celebrity sketches, the “Wake-Up Call” bit was the one that holds the most repeat potential.
- CBS has final round coverage of the PGA Championship golf tournament.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Heluva Good! at the Glen and later Sunday Night Baseball MLB action with the Colorado Rockies at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- TBS has early MLB action with the Tampa Bay Rays at the New York Yankees.
- TNT has final round coverage of the PGA Championship early.
- Awkward. (MTV): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “The Scarlet Eye,” replays.
- White Collar (TNT): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s summer finale episode, “Countdown,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
Bravo has five episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has seven episodes of Snapped.
Spike TV has 12 episodes of Auction Hunters tonight.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Best Places I’ve Ever Been.
WE tv has seven episodes of Bridezillas.