What to Watch Tonight: The Closer, The Lying Game Series Premiere, Teen Wolf S.1 Finale & More
News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the series premiere of The Lying Game, Bravo has the fifth season premiere of Millionaire Matchmaker followed by the series premiere of Most Eligible Dallas, HBO has the documentary premiere of Gloria: In Her Own Words, MTV has the first season finale of Teen Wolf, truTV has the fourth season finale of All Worked Up, and VH1 has a Basketball Wives reunion special.
Check out the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.105, “Comic-Con 2011 Recap & More.” This week @showpatrol joined @mytakeontv and I to answer recap Comic-Con 2011, talk about Awkward., Falling Skies, and Wilfred, and some cancellation and renewal news.
Eureka (Syfy): New. Things are going wrong all over while the Astraeus candidates our in isolation. Plays again later.
The Closer (TNT): New. Brenda is thinking about hiring a lawyer. The squad investigates after a body is found at a home construction site. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Forgive Us Our Trespasses,” replays right before.
Teen Wolf (MTV): Season Finale. Scott is seeking help from friends and enemies after now being caught in a war between the hunters and the werewolves. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “Formality,” replays right before.
- Alphas (Syfy): New. Bill and Gary end up on an active FBI case that involves a kidnapping. Hicks and Nina get closer. Plays again later.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best “Street Food” they’ve ever eaten. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): New. A murder takes place during a Revolutionary War re-enactment. Maura’s mother is visiting. Plays again later. Five previous episode replay earlier in the day.
- The Lying Game (ABC Family): Series Premiere. Twin sisters were separated and raised in completely different circumstances not knowing that the other existed until three months ago. Plays twice. This is a very compelling idea, but I had some problems with the first episode that stretch the already far-fetched premise. Also, having seen the upcoming CW series Ringer, it is very similar to it. Just with a younger cast and not quite as well executed. Plus, it’s another teen drama full of cast members that are mostly 25+ playing 16+ and it just doesn’t work. The basic mystery is interesting, but not sure it can overcome my problems with it in subsequent episodes.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. Claudia, Pete and Myka end up in the middle of a video game in an attempt to rescue Fargo who is trapped in it. Plays again later. This is a really fun episode with Neil Grayston once again crossing over from Eureka. The video game they get trapped in is awesome, as is the problems they have to solve to get out.
- Weeds (Showtime): New. Nancy gets a visit from her ex-cellmate. Andy and Silas don’t see eye to eye on the bike shop. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football preseason action with the New York Jets at the Houston Texans.
- ESPN2 has Monday Night Baseball MLB action with the San Francisco Giants at the Atlanta Brave.
- Haven (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Roots,” replays.
- The Protector (Lifetime): New. The squad is investigating one of their own. Last week’s episode, “Bangs,” replays earlier in the day.
- Suits (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Identity Crisis,” replays.
Bravo has 14 episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has five episodes of Hair Battle Spectacular early followed by 11 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has 12 episodes of 1000 Ways to Die.
TNT has five episodes of Rizzoli & Isles.
Travel Channel has six episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations tonight.
USA Network has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.
WE has five episodes of Amazing Wedding Cakes early and later 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.