News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the first season finale of State of Georgia, Animal Planet has a Bedbug Apocalypse special and a Confessions: Animal Hoarding special, BBC America has the third season premiere of Law & Order: UK and the series premiere of The Hour, BIO has a Inside Story: Dances With Wolves special, Bravo has the first season finale of Rocco’s Dinner Party, CMT has the TV movie premiere of To the Mat and the series premiere of CMT Made, DIY has the first season finale of Hollywood Hi-Tech, History has a You Don’t Know Dixie special, Nat Geo Wild has the series premiere of Animals Say the Wildest Things, Science has the second season finale of Wonders of the Universe, Syfy has the third summer season finale of Ghost Hunters International and the first season finale of Legend Quest, TLC has the second season premiere of Outrageous Kids Parties, TV Land has the first season finale of Happily Divorced, and VH1 has the series premiere of Ton of Cash.
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. Two episodes play tonight. In the first, Mel starts dating a younger man. In the second, George wants Mel to meet his friends. Joe finds that his ex is at their spot with another guy on what would have been their anniversary. Both play again next week before the next new episode.
Royal Pains (USA Network): New. A runner is having problems. Boris is declining, but it may not be due to his disease. Plays again later.
Necessary Roughness (USA Network): New. Dani tries to help a golfer suffering from the “yips.” TK hires a new therapist. Plays again later.
- Happy Endings (ABC): Repeat. The first season finale episode, “The Shershow Redemption,” replays.
- The Hour (BBC America): Series Premiere. A six-part espionage thriller starring set behind the scenes of the BBC newsroom in the 1950s. Runs 75 minutes. Plays again later. This first is very good TV and I will be sticking around for the next five parts.
- Law & Order: UK (BBC America): Season Premiere. A hospital conspiracy is under investigation. Plays again later.
- Rescue Me (FX): New. Tommy begins writing letters to his family and goes to ground zero with an old friend. Plays twice and again later.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball MLB action with the Arizona Diamondbacks at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Burn Notice (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Hard Out,” replays.
- Leverage (TNT): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “The Grave Danger Job,” replays.
BBC America has eight episodes of Law & Order: UK early.
Bravo has eight episodes of Top Chef: Washington D.C.
Oxygen has five episodes of Snapped tonight.
Syfy has five episodes of Ghost Hunters International.
USA Network has 13 episodes of NCIS.