News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the second summer season finale of Pretty Little Liars, Discovery Channel has a Cocaine: A History Between the Lines, Food Network has the ninth season finale of Chopped, MTV has an MTV Presents: Seventeen Magazine’s Pretty Amazing Contest special, Sundance has the series premiere of Quirky, and TLC has the series premiere of Big Sexy.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.107, “ABC Fall Preview 2011.” This week @raelee was back with @mytakeontv and I to take a look at the ABC Fall TV lineup, talk about their new shows, Teen Wolf season finale, and some cancellation and renewal news.
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): Summer Finale. Some lives must be destroyed to protect others. Plays again later. The previous nine episodes replay leading into tonight’s second summer finale.
The Lying Game (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Double Dibs,” replays.
Chopped Champions (Food Network): Season Premiere. Previous winners return to compete again. Plays again later.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “My Own Worst Enemy,” replays.
- What Not to Wear (Food Network): New. A mom that shows a bit too much gets some help from Clinton and Stacy. Plays again later.
- ESPN early round coverage of U.S. Open Tennis.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Awkward. (MTV): New. Jenna gets cast as the victim in a mock DUI event being held at school. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. The previous two episode replay earlier in the day and the previous episode this evening.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Forget Me Not,” replays.
ABC Family has 10 episodes of Pretty Little Liars.
Bravo has five episodes of Flipping Out.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation followed by 12 episodes of Auction Hunters.
Syfy has nine episodes of Destination Truth.
USA Network has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.