News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the first season finales of Take the Money and Run and Combat Hospital.
On cable tonight, Bravo has the fifth season finale of Flipping Out and the fourth season premiere of The Rachel Zoe Project, FX has the fourth season premiere of Sons of Anarchy, History has a Targeting Bin Laden special, and Lifetime has the first season finale of Picker Sisters.
In late night, Spike TV has the first season finale of Repo Games.
Today is the last day to enter our Sons of Anarchy Season 3 DVD giveaway. We’ve got three copies to give away.
Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Gone Daddy Gone,” replays.
Raising Hope (FOX): Repeats. The “Everybody Flirts…Sometimes” episode and the “Sleep Training” episode replay.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): Season Premiere. The guys get out of jail and return home and have to deal with new law enforcement and a shift in business alliances. Runs 92 minutes. Plays thrice. I am not one that thinks that last season was so bad, as I quite enjoyed it. But, tonight’s fourth season premiere is freaking fantastic and returns the show to what made it so great in seasons one and two. The story of last season needed to be told, but I’m glad we get back to what was the major driving force of the first two seasons. It starts with an outstanding pre-opening credits sequence of the guys getting out of jail and gets better from there. So much happens and you won’t want to miss it. Also, don’t forget to enter for your chance to win one of three copies of Sons of Anarchy Season 3 on DVD.
- Chopped Champions (Food Network): New. Previous winners return to compete again. Plays again later.
- Death Valley (MTV2): Repeats. The first two episodes replay.
- What Not to Wear (Food Network): New. A woman that dresses a bit too flashy gets some help from Clinton and Stacy. Plays again later.
- ESPN has the NASCAR racing action early with the Sprint Cup: AdvoCare 500.
- ESPN2 has coverage of the U.S. Open Tennis men’s round of 16 and women’s quarterfinals.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Awkward. (MTV): New. Jenna throws a party with the help of her friends and then can’t remember what happened at the party the next morning. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. The previous two episodes replay earlier in the day two times.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “A Wing and a Player,” replays.
Bravo has eight episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project early followed by six episodes of Flipping Out.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has 10 episodes of Auction Hunters.
Syfy has nine episodes of Ghost Whisperer.
USA Network has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.