News & Notes
Over on cable, Comedy Central has sixth season finale of Futurama, DIY has the sixth season finale of Yard Crashers, FX has the first season finale of Wilfred and the second season finale of Louie, and USA Network has the fifth summer season finale of Burn Notice and the first season finale of Suits.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. “The Wildebeest Implementation” episode from this past season replays, where Raj is attempting to cure is social anxiety.
CBS Fall Preview (CBS): New Special. Get a look at all the new shows CBS has to offer this fall. Hosted by the cast of The Big Bang Theory.
Burn Notice (USA Network): Summer Finale. Michael still needs to clear his name and does something desperate in an attempt to do so. Plays again later. Season Five is scheduled to resume on November 3rd for a run of six episodes to finish out the season.
Suits (USA Network): Season Finale. Harvey is going up against the new district attorney to get an innocent man out of jail that he helped put there 12 years earlier when he was a prosecutor. Mike’s friend Trevor shows up on his doorstep looking for help. Plays again later. This is another fantastic episode, except for the completely predictable cliffhanger ending. I hope they do something good with it and it just isn’t resolved in the first couple minutes of next season. Macht and Adams have really developed a great chemistry over the course of the season. It’s going to be a long wait until we get more.
- Louie (FX): Season Finale. Louie is having quite the bad time at the Airport. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 36 minutes. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Arizona at Oklahoma State.
- ESPN2 has coverage of U.S. Open Tennis, if it ever stops raining so they can play.
- MLB Network has an early and a late game.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the New Orleans Saints at the Green Bay Packers to kick off the NFL season.
- Death Valley (MTV): Repeat. The first two episodes of the series replay.
Bravo has 11 episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker.
Oxygen has 15 episodes of Roseanne.
Syfy has eight episodes of First Wave early.
USA Network has 10 episodes of Burn Notice early.