News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has a Jacqueline Kennedy: In Her Own Words special, The CW has the fourth season premiere of 90210 and the series premiere of Ringer, and NBC has the first season finale of It’s Worth What? and the third season premiere of Parenthood.
Over on cable, Bravo has the fifth season Flipping Out reunion special, DIY has the series premiere of I Hate My Bath, Nat Geo Wild has the series premiere of Miracle Babies, Science has the first season finale of Dinosaur Revolution, Spike TV has the second season finale of Auction Hunters, and TLC has the first season finale of Big Sexy.
In late night, BBC America has the fifth season finale of Gordon Ramsay’s F Word.
Enter our Glee Season 2 DVD giveaway.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.108, “The CW & FOX Fall Previews 2011.” This week @thetvchick was back with @mytakeontv and I to take a look at The CW and FOX Fall TV lineups, talk about their new shows, Awkward., and some cancellation and renewal news.
Next Tuesday, ABC has the season premiere of Body of Proof, CBS has the season premieres of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and the series premiere of Unforgettable, FOX has the season premiere of Glee and Raising Hope and the series premiere of New Girl, and NBC has the season premiere of The Biggest Loser.
90210 (The CW): Season Premiere. Naomi finds that her status in high school hasn’t transferred to college. Annie gets some unexpected news. Adrianna attempts to get redemption.
Ringer (The CW): Series Premiere. A woman set to testify by in fear for her life after having witnessed a murder decides to flee and visit her twin sister that she hasn’t seen in five years. When her sister goes missing, she decides to attempt to assume her identity. Plays again Friday and next Monday nights. This show is not great, but is good and I enjoyed it. I think it has some real potential to be fun escapist soapy drama. They’ve given pretty much everyone a secret to be uncovered besides the sister swap out that is the main drive. I really like watching Sarah Michelle Gellar play multiple characters, which is just an interesting thing to watch anyway. I am looking forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Clay presents a business venture that could change the club permanently. Plays twice and again later with last week’s fourth season premiere episode, “Out,” in between. This season is off to a fantastic start and this episode continues to lay the groundwork for Jax’s desire to get out of SAMCRO. Also, the letters come even more into play. I wonder what will happen when Jax finally learns of them.
- Chopped Champions (Food Network): New. Previous winners return to compete again. Plays again later.
- Parenthood (NBC): Season Premiere. Sarah is celebrating her 40th birthday. Amber wants independence. Adam is thinking about going into business with Crosby.
- Raising Hope (FOX): Repeats. The final two episodes of the first season replay.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s second summer season finale episode, “Remember Me,” replays.
- What Not to Wear (Food Network): New. A woman that believe it doesn’t matter what you look or dress like gets some help from Clinton and Stacy. Plays again later.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Alphas (Syfy): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Blind Spot,” replays.
- Awkward. (MTV): New. Jenna’s 16th birthday doesn’t go well. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Baggage Claim,” replays.
Bravo has eight episodes of Flipping Out early followed by six episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has seven episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Invesigations followed by 12 episodes of Auction Hunters.
Syfy has 17 episodes of The Twilight Zone.
USA Network has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.