News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the 13th season premiere of Dancing With the Stars and the fourth season premiere of Castle, CBS has the seventh season premiere of How I Met Your Mother, the ninth season premiere of Two and a Half Men, the series premiere of 2 Broke Girls and the second season premiere of Hawaii Five-0, FOX has the ninth season finale of Hell’s Kitchen, and NBC has the third season premiere of The Sing-Off and the series premiere of The Playboy Club.
Over on cable, A&E has the 11th season finale of Intervention, Animal Planet has the second season finale of I’m Alive, Cartoon Network has the third season premiere of Regular Show, Comedy Central has The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen, Discovery Channel has the series premiere of American Underworld, DIY has the third season finale of Bath Crashers, Nat Geo Wild has the first season finale of Deadly 60, Syfy has the fourth season finale of Eureka, TLC has a Cake Boss special, and TV Guide has a Kathy Griffin’s Emmy Aftermath special.
In late night, Lifetime has the series finale of The Protector and HBO has the documentary premiere of The Strange History of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.
Tomorrow is the last day to enter our Glee Season 2 DVD giveaway.
Learn more about the Suburgatory Preview Screening & Seattle Area TV Fan Tweetup.
Next Monday, The CW has the season premiere of Gossip Girl and the series premiere of Hart of Dixie and FOX has the series premiere of Terra Nova.
Eureka (Syfy): Season Finale. Carter and Jo are dealing with a hole bunch of problems around town as the Astraeus crew prepares for launch. Plays again later. A great season finale episode with lots of fun, danger, goodbyes and an ending that will leave you wanting season five to start right away.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. A zombie like outbreak is dealt with. Claudia gets some bad news. Steve Jinks is made an offer by Marcus Diamond. Plays again later.
Castle (ABC): Season Premiere. Beckett struggles to survive. Castle searches for the shooter and a new captain takes over the squad. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. You knew that Beckett wasn’t going to die, as the show would be over. What you really wanted to know is how Castle’s confession was going to be handled? Very well is the answer. The episode puts things on an interesting footing going forward.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Season Premiere. Two episodes play tonight. In the first, Barney and Ted are looking back at Punchy’s wedding. Robin is thinking about how she feels about Barney. In the second, Marshall is worried that videos from his past will come back to haunt him in his dream job.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Season Premiere. Alan and Jake meets a broken hearted billionaire named Walden Schmidt. Runs 31 minutes. Are you interested to see how they introduce Ashton Kutcher’s character?
2 Broke Girls (CBS): Series Premiere. A formerly rich woman needs a job and tries her hand at being waitress, but doesn’t get along with another waitress that hasn’t ever been rich. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes. Of the 12 new comedies coming this fall, this is in my top three. There are some rough parts and a few jokes are a bit much, but I actually laughed a few times and really liked how the episode ends and sets up the story going forward. I look forward to seeing more of this one.
Alphas (Syfy): New. The team gets taken to Binghampton after one of them is suspected of being a mole for Red Flag. Plays again later.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best thing they’ve ever eaten in “New Orleans.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Last week’s seventh summer finale episode, “Fresh Pursuit,” replays.
- Crave (Food Network): New. Bacon. Plays again later.
- Death Valley (MTV): New. A problem with an actor that goes werewolf on a movie set is dealt with. Plays again later.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): Season Premiere. McGarrett gets an unexpected visitor while awaiting trial for the murder of the governor. Kono gets suspended.
- The Lying Game (ABC Family): New. Emma and Ethan’s kiss cause problems. Sutton may have found something out about their mother. Plays again next week. The previous two episodes replay right before.
- The Playboy Club (New): Series Premiere. A bunny gets in trouble and a club regular helps her out, which causes big problems for the both of them. I think this show thinks it is much more than it is or that The Playboy Club was much more than it was back then. Some of the actors don’t fit with the characters they are playing and the show bites off more than it can chew in an effort to be more than just being a period drama. I may check out another episode or two, but this one didn’t capture my interest enough to really want to do so.
- Ringer (The CW): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays.
- ESPN has a Monday Night Football action with the St. Louis Rams at the New York Giants.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader WNBA Playoff action.
- MLB Network has an evening game.
- Haven (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Who, What, Where, Wendigo,” replays.
- The Protector (Lifetime): Series Finale. The murder of a bookstore owner is investigated. Lifetime has decided not to pick the show up for a second season, so this will be the last episode.
Bravo has nine episodes of The Real Housewives of New York City.
Discovery Channel has 13 episodes of American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior.
History has 11 episodes of Ax Men.
Oxygen has eight episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation followed by 12 episodes of 1000 Ways to Die.
USA Network has 13 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.