News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the second season premiere of Body of Proof, CBS has the ninth season premiere of NCIS, the third season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles and the series premiere of Unforgettable, FOX has the third season premiere of Glee, the series premiere of New Girl and the second season premiere of Raising Hope, and NBC has the 12th season premiere of The Biggest Loser.
Over on cable, BET has the first season finale of Born to Dance, Bravo has a Kathy Griffin: Pants Off special, Comedy Central has the third fall season premiere of Tosh.0 and the second season premiere of Workaholics, MTV has the third season finale of Teen Mom, and TLC has the ninth fall season finale of What Not to Wear and a Big Hair Alaska special.
In late night, Showtime has the first season finale of Web Therapy.
Last day to enter our Glee Season 2 DVD giveaway.
Learn more about the Suburgatory Preview Screening & Seattle Area TV Fan Tweetup.
NCIS (CBS): Season Premiere. Tony has been tracking a target for months and goes to Gibbs to help him find the answers he needs.
New Girl (FOX): Series Premiere. A young woman moves in with three single guys after breaking up with her long-term boyfriend. Her new roommates try to help her get back out there. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 30 minutes. This is my favorite new comedy of the fall. Zooey Deschanel is super-cute as the geek girl with few social graces.
Raising Hope (FOX): Season Premiere. Jimmy finds out that he once new how to play the piano really well and could sing too before an accident and wants to see if he can get it back. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes. This is my favorite new comedy of last fall and will make this a great hour comedy block. Tonight’s episode is fantastic with a great ending.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Some of SAMCRO’s business goes missing and they find it is because of an unlikely foe. Plays twice and again later with last week’s episode, “Booster,” in between.
Glee (FOX): Season Premiere. Mr. Schuester attempts to get the glee club kids back on track. Sue begins a new campaign. Runs 61 minutes. Gave up on this show at the end of last season, but am interested to see what hiring a full writing staff for the show has done for its storytelling and consistency. So, will probably watch at least the first few episodes of the season to see. Last day to enter our Glee Season 2 DVD giveaway.
Ringer (The CW): New. Bridget is trying to find out more about Siobhan’s life, but her past starts to catch up with her. Andrew is trying to get a new client with his business partner. Gemma is even surer the Henry is cheating on her.
Parenthood (NBC): New. Kristina is worrying about Max going to a mainstream school again. Sarah and Mark try to define things. Adam makes some new plans regarding his business future.
- Body of Proof (ABC): Season Premiere. The death of a man in a car crash turns into an investigation of a neighborhood, which leads to a couple of jokes about Delany’s former show. Solid episode, but the detectives half of the show continues to not work for me. Would rather have to see Delany’s character have to interact with various detectives.
- Chopped Champions (Food Network): New. Previous winners return to compete again. Plays again later.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): Season Premiere. The team is looking for Hetty in Romania and Callen learns some information about his past.
- Unforgettable (CBS): Series Premiere. A former detective is reunited with her old cop boyfriend when a murder happens near the place she is living. She has a rare ability to remember everything, which didn’t help in their relationship, but is needed to help solve the case. Really like the cast, especially Poppy Montgomery, but the show is kind of weak. Yet, it will probably do really well for CBS. I like shows that involve really smart characters with some odd quirk, but the way they show her using her ability just wasn’t needed and don’t see myself keeping up with this one unless something were to change in the next couple episodes.
- What Not to Wear (Food Network): Fall Finale. A nanny needs wardrobe help for a job interview and gets some from Clinton and Stacy. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has a WNBA Playoff game.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Alphas (Syfy): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Unusual Suspects,” replays.
- Awkward. (MTV): New. Matty asks Jenna out on a real date and she begins to question everything about her romance. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s first season finale episode, “Goal Line,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of The Rachel Zoe Project.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Invesigations followed by 11 episodes of Auction Hunters.
Syfy has eight episodes of Destination Truth early.
TNT has seven episodes of Law & Order tonight.
USA Network has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.