News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the second season premiere of Mike & Molly, The CW has the fifth season premiere of Gossip Girl and the series premiere of Hart of Dixie, and FOX has the series premiere of Terra Nova.
Over on cable, BBC America has the 17th season finale of Top Gear, DIY has the fifth season premiere of House Crashers and the first season finale of Mega Dens, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of The Bling Ring, Showtime has the seventh season finale of Weeds and the second season finale of The Big C, style has the fourth season premiere of Giuliana & Bill, Syfy has the first season finale of Alphas, and TLC has the fourth fall season premiere of Cake Boss.
Enter our Raising Hope Season 1 DVD giveaway.
Tonight is the Suburgatory Preview Screening & Seattle Area TV Fan Tweetup.
Next Monday, Syfy has the two-hour third season finale of Warehouse 13.
Terra Nova (FOX): Series Premiere. Earth has become practically unlivable and a family does whatever it takes to get their whole family through the rift on the tenth pilgrimage back in the past to the Terra Nova colony. Runs two hours. Action, dinosaurs, family drama, and mystery all mashed together into one of the better series this fall. With all the delays and the amount of special f/x to create the new world and all that inhabits it, this one was worrisome. But, once I got a chance to see the full two-hour “Pilot,” those fears were allayed. For the most part, the special f/x are excellent and the story elements developed leave you wanting to know more about them. I am very much looking forward to seeing more. Have you been looking forward to this one?
Castle (ABC): New. An ex-con gets murdered and Beckett and Castle think a costume-wearing vigilante is the main suspect. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Ted runs into an old girlfriend. Barney makes a bet with Marshall and Lily.
2 Broke Girls (CBS): New. Caroline helps Max’s breakup with Robbie along in an attempt to help her.
Hart of Dixie (The CW): Series Premiere. A top surgeon doesn’t get the fellowship she had been working towards because of her lack of people skills. So, she heads to a small town in Alabama to work for a doctor that had once offered her a job and continued to keep in contact with her even after she turned it down. I very much enjoyed this new show. It is very much a female Doc Hollywood, with Rachel Bilson (The O.C.) in the staring role. It also reminds you of some of the old WB series like Everwood or other fish out of water shows like Men in Trees or Northern Exposure. The rest of the cast is really good for the most part and the ridiculousness of the premise is setup nicely. I look forward to keeping up with this one as well.
Alphas (Syfy): Season Finale. Red Flag escalates things. Runs 63 minutes. Plays again later. The previous 10 episodes replay right before.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best “Messy” foods. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Crave (Food Network): New. BBQ. Plays again later.
- Death Valley (MTV): New. John-John finds out that he has a family member that is a zombie. Plays again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Season Premiere. Serena has a problem at work. Chuck and Nate are in California too. Marriage plans for Blair and Louis hit a snag. Dan seeks help to keep an excerpt from his book from being published in a magazine.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. The new governor adds a new cop with profiling skills to the Five-0 team to McGarrett’s dismay.
- The Lying Game (ABC Family): New. Sutton may find some answers. Alec visits Eduardo in the ICU. Plays again next week. The previous two episodes replay right before.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Walden’s ex is met. Runs 31 minutes.
- Weeds (Showtime): Season Finale. Silas turns things on Nancy and Shane attempts to help her out. Runs 30 minutes.
- ESPN has a Monday Night Football action with the Washington Redskins at the Dallas Cowboys.
- MLB Network has an evening game.
- Against the Wall (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Memories We Fear,” replays.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Repeat. Last Monday’s episode, “Shadows,” replays.
History has five episodes of Only in America With Larry the Cable Guy that play two times.
Oxygen has eight episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation followed by 18 episodes of 1000 Ways to Die.
Syfy has 11 episodes of Alphas.
TLC has 15 episodes of Cake Boss.
TNT has six episodes of Law & Order.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
USA Network has 13 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
WE has 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.