What to Watch Tonight: The Vampire Diaries, Person of Interest, Prime Suspect & More
News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the fifth season premiere of Private Practice and CBS has the series premiere of How to Be a Gentleman.
Enter our Raising Hope Season 1 DVD and How I Met Your Mother Season 6 DVD giveaways.
Next Thursday, FX has the third season premiere of The League.
For those that get TVaholic via email, sorry about the two emails yesterday. Not sure why the second one didn’t send earlier, so had to reset it to go out later a couple times before it finally did.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Klaus and Stefan are in Chicago and meet someone from the past. Damon and Elena are following a tip. Tyler goes to Sheriff Forbes about Caroline.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. Reese and Finch get the social security number of a teenager that was killed years before and begin to question the machine. Finch looks back at the origin of the machine.
Prime Suspect (NBC): New. Jane helps on Duffy’s homicide and kidnapping. She also meets Matt’s son.
Community (NBC): New. Chang settles into his new job. Annie wants help from the group bringing down a new friend.
Parks & Recreation (NBC): New. Leslie attempts to help Ron out after Tammy One begins messing with his life. Ben helps Tom with his new company.
The Secret Circle (The CW): New. Cassie agrees to go to a dance with a cute jock. Faye attempts to learn how to control her powers.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. Jane gets reinstated as a consultant at the CBI, but must work with a new team to solve the case of a personal trainer that was murdered. So, he sets out to get his old team back together.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Amy and Leonard attempt to become closer friends. Bernadette and Howard spend the weekend with his mother. Runs 31 minutes.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Everyone is shocked by the chief’s decision. April continues to struggle in her new role. Runs 62 minutes.
- How to Be a Gentleman (CBS): Series Premiere. A magazine columnist learns that he must change in order to keep his job after the magazine he works for changes its format, so he seeks out his old high school bully for help. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes. I only mention this here to let you know that it was one of my least favorite new comedies for the fall. Not a laugh to be had and a giant waste of a really good cast. Many aspects don’t make any sense and I don’t see this odd couple making it very long. Highly skippable.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. Dee sets out to get revenge on stage moms. Runs 31 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- The Office (NBC): New. Robert attempts to get the office to double its sales. Pam finds an unlikely pregnancy friend.
- Private Practice (ABC): Season Premiere. Everyone is working to save Pete’s life after he has a heart attack. Sheldon sets out to help Amelia with her addiction to alcohol. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with South Florida at Pittsburgh.
A&E has seven episodes of The First 48 tonight.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Syfy has 10 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.
TNT has five episodes of Bones tonight.
USA Network has seven episodes of Burn Notice followed by five episodes of NCIS.