News & Notes
Over on cable, AMC has the second season premiere of The Walking Dead, Bravo has a The Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion special, Discovery Channel has an Ingenious: How Steve Jobs Changed the World special, style has the third season finale of Jerseylicious, and VH1 has the series premiere of Why Am I Still Single?!
Only three days left to enter our The League Season 2 DVD giveaway.
Next Sunday, Food Network has the season premiere of The Next Iron Chef and FOX has the series premiere of Allen Gregory.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. Underwater and climbing challenges are faced.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. Alicia gets a pro-bono case that involves a witness that becomes the prime suspect. Diane and Will are looking at the future of the firm.
Homeland (Showtime): New. The Brody family is getting ready for a big family interview. Carrie’s team may be getting closer to uncovering a terrorist plot. Plays again later. If you are not watching this show, you’ve got to catch up. Another great episode tonight that had me fully hooked. So much is going on and you are just not quite sure what and I really like that fact. It’s nice to not know where something is going, but to also feel that it is going somewhere. I can’t wait for next week’s episode.
Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Four cake designers compete to build the best “Extreme Urban Legend Cakes.” Plays again later.
Dexter (Showtime): New. A killer from Dexter’s past returns. Debra is having some trouble in her new position. Plays again later.
Pan Am (ABC): New. The crew ends up heading for Rangoon after a last minute change. Maggie takes Laura on a tour of the wild side of the city. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Against the Wall (Lifetime): New. Abby and Lina are investigating the apparent suicide of a police officer. It’s Abby’s birthday. Plays twice.
- Boardwalk Empire (HBO): New. Nucky considers a legal risk. Richard lets his guard down. Jimmy and Mickey are off to Philadelphia. Plays again later.
- Case Histories (PBS): Series Premiere. A divorced ex-policeman works as a private detective and takes on the case of a girl that went missing 30 years earlier. Plays again later. British series starring Jason Isaacs that will play as part of Masterpiece Mysteries over the next few weeks.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Gaby has a plan to get even with another mother at Juanita’s school. Bree learns what her daughter is doing for a living. Runs 61 minutes.
- The Walking Dead (AMC): Season Premiere. Rick and the group are headed out of Atlanta and they meet a never before seen type of trouble along the way, which leads to someone going missing. Runs 90 minutes. Plays twice. All six episodes from season one replay leading up to tonight’s premiere. They really do a good job with the atmospherics with this show. So little, yet so much, happens in an episode, but the threat of constant danger and some great character dynamics draw you in and keep you watching.
- CBS has NFL action today.
- FOX has NFL action today.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the Minnesota Vikings at the Chicago Bears.
- TBS has Game 6 of the NLCS with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Milwaukee Brewers.
A&E has six episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
AMC has seven episodes of The Walking Dead.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of Snapped.
TNT has eight episodes of Law & Order early.
USA Newtork has nine episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has 10 episodes of Bridezillas.