News & Notes
Tonight, The CW has the midseason finales of The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle.
On cable tonight, A&E has the first season finale of Bordertown, Comedy Central has the first season finale of Gabriel Iglesias Presents Stand-Up Revolution, Discovery Channel has the fifth season finale of Storm Chasers, and WE tv has the second season premiere of Braxton Family Values.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Elena is conflicted by what she has been told by Rebekah. Tyler does something shocking. Damon takes part in a dangerous partnership in an effort to outsmart Klaus. This is the last episode until January 5th, 2012.
The Secret Circle (The CW): New. Cassie is digging deeper into her lineage. Faye thinks Jake is hiding something. . This is the last episode until January 5th, 2012.
Burn Notice (USA Network): New. Michael works with the brother of a fallen gang member to take down the gang with a weapons scheme. Plays again later.
Community (NBC): New. Annie moves in with Troy and Abed. The dean blackmails Jeff.
Parks & Recreation (NBC): New. Leslie needs help with a mock U.N. at a high school. Chris goes to Ann for dating advice.
Bones (FOX): New. The team works on a new case that involves competitive eaters and a new intern with a troubled past is introduced. Booth and Brennan attempt to put themselves in each other’s shoes. While overall I still enjoy this show, it has become maddening to me. The disagreement that happens between Booth and Brennan is just dumb. I don’t understand how such a brilliant person after spending years with Booth and the others in this group would not know what she does would cause a problem. It is only there to create what is kind of a fun situation between them trying to see things as the other would, but how would they not know. It is the one big thing beyond the lame ways these two have been kept apart only to be put together in an even lamer way that bothers me. How has she not learned more from the situations that she has been in all these years? The character doesn’t evolve at all, except briefly in an episode like this one, but it always seems to be quickly forgotten. What do you think?
Prime Suspect (NBC): New. Jane and Calderon are looking into the death of a preschooler. A personal experience of Jane’s comes in handy on the case.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon is facing his fear of birds while Leonard and Sheldon end up spending some time alone. Runs 31 minutes.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Teddy gets called away just as Henry is taken in for emergency surgery. Derek and Meredith finally find out whether or not they will get Zola back. Runs 62 minutes.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. The gang runs into trouble when a homeowner returns while they are trying to extract an artifact. Runs 31 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- The Office (NBC): New. Pam works with Dwight to show that Jim thinks her temporary replacement is pretty. Robert California wants to join Andy, Darryl and Kevin’s band.
- Private Practice (ABC): New. Amelia continues to spin out of control. Jake and Addison must make a difficult choice. Violet is back to work. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS): New. A trip to Vermont doesn’t go as planned for the gang. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech.
- NFL Network has Thursday Night Football action with the Oakland Raiders at the San Diego Chargers.
- Covert Affairs (USA Network): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Uberlin,” replays.
A&E has 10 episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has nine episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Spike TV has 12 episodes of Jail.
Syfy has nine episodes of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.
TNT has six episodes of CSI: NY tonight.
USA Network has seven episodes of Burn Notice.