News & Notes
Over on cable, Bravo has the fifth season Millionaire Matchmaker reunion special, History has The Epic History of Everyday Things special, Lifetime has the series premiere of America’s Supernanny and the second season premiere of One Born Every Minute, Oxygen has the sixth season premiere of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood, Spike TV has the second season finale of Auction Hunters and the first season finale of Flip Men, TLC has the ninth winter season premiere of What Not to Wear, and TNT has the TV movie premiere of Scott Turow’s Innocent.
Last Man Standing (ABC): New. Mike bonds with a new neighbor. Mandy catches her boyfriend lying to her and seeks revenge. Runs 30 minutes.
New Girl (FOX): New. Turns out that Winston is a natural with the hand bell and Jess gets jealous after he joins her quartet. Nick and Schmidt argue over how to fix the toilet.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. The family all pitch their ideas when an invention convention comes to town.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Jax has to deal with a problem that affects his family and his club. Part one of two-part season finale. Runs 65 minutes. Plays twice and again later. I can’t wait to see how this is all going to end.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (CBS): Repeat. The classic holiday tale replays.
Ringer (The CW): New. Henry must work with Bridget to find out what really happened to Gemma. Juliet is becoming obsessed with her teacher.
Covert Affairs (USA Network): New. An MI6 operative attempts to recruit Annie thinking she is just a Smithsonian employee. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays earlier in this morning.
- Flashpoint (ION): New. Team One responds to a heist at a stadium and have to deal with the violent plan of an ex-cop looking to ruin the man that ruined his life. Plays again later.
- Parenthood (NBC): New. Their work schedules, new baby and the rest of the family are overwhelming Adam and Kristina. Crosby and Jasmine deal with what recent events mean for their relationship.
- Sanctuary (Syfy): New. Adam Worth shows up as an avatar in a virtual Sanctuary, where he attempts to enter the real world. Plays again later.
- Scott Turow’s Innocent (TNT): New TV Movie. A judge is accused of murdering his wife some 20 years after he was acquitted of killing his lover. Stars Bill Pullman, Alfred Molina, Marcia Gay Harden and Richard Schiff. Runs two hours. Plays again later. The first of the new TNT Mystery Movie Night made for TV movies. While the cast is really good, I found this to be a bit of a slow mover and that was watching without commercials or even having to fast forward through them. So, I can only imagine that it will feel even slower should you watch either of those ways. A couple of points are too predictable and the double-twist ending doesn’t work very well.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Illinois at Maryland followed by Duke at Ohio State.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Michigan at Virginia followed by Miami at Purdue.
- Rizzoli & Isles (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Can I Get a Witness?,” replays.
Bravo has nine episodes of Millionaire Matchmaker tonight.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation followed by 11 episodes of Auction Hunters.
Syfy has nine episodes of Destination Truth.
USA Network has 13 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has six episodes of Ghost Whisperer tonight.