News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has The Grammy Nominations Concert Live! – Countdown to Music’s Biggest Night, FOX has the series premiere of I Hate My Teenage Daughter special, and NBC has a Christmas in Rockefeller Center 2011 special.
Over on cable, BBC America has the first season finale of Whitechapel, Discovery Channel has the 10th fall season finale of MythBusters and a Ready, Aim, Sold special, DIY has the series premiere of I Want That, E! has The Soup on its new night, Science has a Trek Nation special, Syfy has the second fall season finale of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files, TNT has the TV movie premiere of Sandra Brown’s Ricochet, truTV has the ninth season finale of Operation Repo, the third season premiere of Full Throttle Saloon and the fourth season premiere of Black Gold, TV Land has the third season premiere of Hot in Cleveland and the series premiere of The Exes, and VH1 has the series premiere of Baseball Wives.
In late night, Spike TV has the third season finale of Blue Mountain State.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.114, “Burt’s Thanksgiving Weekend Duty, Interrupted.” This week @raelee was back with @mytakeontv and I to discuss some recent TV news and a few shows including Homeland, New Girl, Raising Hope, Sons of Anarchy, Psych and more.
A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa (The CW): Repeat. The Muppets accidentally misdirect three letters for Santa and decide to deliver them themselves.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Fall Finale. The guys test out a “Toliet Bomb”. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Psych (USA Network): New. Juliet’s con man father, guest star William Shatner, comes for a visit in hopes of mending a strained relationship with his daughter. Plays again later.
Christmas in Rockefeller Center 2011 (NBC): New Special. Watch the 79th lighting of the tree in New York. Tony Bennett, Justin Bieber, Katharine McPhee and others are schedule to perform.
Sandra Brown’s Ricochet (TNT): TV Movie Premiere. A detective investigating a shooting at home of a judge that he doesn’t get along with ends up romantically involved with his wife. Stars John Corbett, Gary Cole, Julie Benz and others. Runs two hours. Plays again later. Better than last night’s TNT Mystery Movie Night flick, but still not great. Some solid twists and turns in the investigation that leaves you not sure who is lying and who is not until the very end.
- I Hate My Teenage Daughter (FOX): Series Premiere. Two moms ban their daughters from the school dance after they get in trouble at school. This show is terrible. I’ve seen the first two episodes and not a laugh to be found. Also, there isn’t any character, the moms or the daughters, to root for. Everyone is pretty terrible.
- Whitechapel (BBC America): Season Finale. As the investigation continues, Buchan shows what he has been doing on his own and Chandler must figure out the truth. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN2 has tripleheader college basketball action.
- Leverage (TNT): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “The Experimental Job,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “To Be, Part 1,” replays.
Bravo has seven episodes of Top Chef Masters.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of MythBusters tonight.
Oxygen has 18 episodes of Roseanne.
Syfy has 11 episodes of Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.
USA Network has 10 episodes of NCIS.