News & Notes
Tonight, ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC all have the State of the Union Address at 9:00pm ET. Which means other than a shortened episode of The Biggest Loser on NBC, there will be no new programming on the four major networks. The CW will have new episodes of 90210 and Remodeled.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has the series premiere of All Star Dealers, ION has the fourth season finale of Flashpoint, TLC has the third season finale of Extreme Couponing, and WE tv has the second season premiere of Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?.
Switched at Birth (ABC Family): New. Bay and Daphne attempt to help Emmett keep his motorcycle. John and Kathryn are looking for a new attorney. Daphne isn’t too keen on Regina getting into business with Angelo. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Self-Portrait With a Bandaged Ear,” replays right before.
Jane by Design (ABC Family): New. Billy and Lulu make their relationship public, which doesn’t go over all that well. Jane and Jeremy are in charge of presenting the new line to a fashion magazine editor. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “The Birkin,” replays earlier this evening.
Justified (FX): New. Raylan must work with a woman from his past after a fellow Marshal is murdered. Boyd puts together a little showdown with Dickie Bennett. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later. Last week’s second season premiere episode, “The Gunfighter,” replays in late night as well. Great episode for Nick Searcy’s Art, as the character gets the focus in the episode. Carla Gugino is introduced as U.S. Marshal from Raylon’s past in Florida. Her name is Karen, but apparently is not Karen Sisco. That would have been a fun thing to do, as Gugino played that Elmore Leonard character in a short lived TV series back in 2003.
- Flashpoint (ION): Season Finale. A firefighter gets rushed to the hospital and Simon has a difficult decision to make. Plays again later.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeats. The series premiere episode, “It’s a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World,” replays. Last night’s episode, “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Fae,” replays right after.
- Southland (TNT): New. Cooper and Tang come under attack while on patrol. Lydia and Ruben catch a convenience store clerk murder. Sammy and Ben ride along with another officer. Plays again later.
- White Collar (USA Network): New. The team is looking into missing scholarship funds at a private school. Plays again later. Last week’s midseason premiere episode, “Checkmate,” replays earlier in the morning. A very fun episode, but also continues down the storyline of Neal and what his future might look like. I’m very much enjoying this direction of the show.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Michigan at Perdue followed by Kentucky at Georgia.
- ESPN2 has men’s and women’s quarterfinals action from the Australian Open tennis tournament.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Miami Heat followed by the Memphis Grizzlies at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- NBC Sports has NHL action.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeats. Last night’s episode, “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Fae,” replays. The series premiere episode, “It’s a Fae, Fae, Fae, Fae World,” replays right before.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s midseason premiere episode, “A Farewell to Barnes,” replays.
USA Network has 14 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.