News & Notes
Tonight, FOX has the series premiere of Touch.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has the first season finale of Combat Cash and a Hell Roads special and MTV has the 22nd season premiere of The Real World/Road Rules Challenge.
One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Dan helps Haley at Karen’s Cafe. Quinn finds that Clay has been keeping a secret. Julian makes a mistake.
Touch (FOX): Series Premiere. A widower with an autistic 11-year-old son has never been able to communicate with him, but starts to learn that he may be trying to do so in his own way. More than that, he may be able to predict the future. He meets with a professor who may know more about what is up with his son. A social worker comes into check on the situation. This is by far the best thing on the night and one of the best new “Pilots” coming over the next couple months. Tonight is a special preview, as the series doesn’t debut until Monday, March 19th the week after the season finale of Alcatraz. While I think this “Pilot” is fantastic, it falls in the category of needing to see more to understand how it will work on a weekly basis and if there is any larger story to be discovered. But, as an hour of TV, it is a must watch.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The story picks up where last week’s episode ended and has Catherine and D.B. on the run. The team attempts to figure out what is really going on and Catherine ends up making a big decision, as this is Marg Helgenberger’s last episode. The episode is very good, although some of the end wasn’t quite earned. Elisabeth Shue joins the cast on the February 15th episode.
- Criminal Minds (NBC): New. A serial rapist has resurfaced in Houston and is going after his former victims. This is the 150th episode of the show.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): New. Hank springs into action when a rock band gets sick. Hank is having trouble being able to trust Divya. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Villanova at Louisville followed by Duke at Maryland.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with Missouri at Oklahoma State followed the women’s semifinals of the Australian Open tennis tournament.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action with the Indiana Pacers at the Chicago Bulls followed by the Los Angeles Clippers at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- NBC Sports Net has NHL action.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Where There’s a Will, There’s a Fae,” replays.
- Southland (USA Network): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Underwater,” replays.
ABC Family is playing A Cinderella Story, Another Cinderella Story and A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song today.
Bravo has nine episodes of Top Chef Masters.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Roseanne.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TNT has seven episodes of Law & Order tonight.
USA Network has eight episodes of NCIS.