News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the first season finale of Pan Am, CBS has the 20th season premiere of The Amazing Race, FOX has the 500th episode of The Simpsons, and NBC has the 12th season premiere of The Apprentice.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has an I Ain’t Scared of You, A Tribute to Bernie Mac special, Discovery Channel has a Cruise Ship Disasters special, E! has the second season premieres of Khloe & Lamar and Ice of Loves Coco, HBO has the third season premiere of Eastbound & Down and the series premiere of Life’s Too Short, and style has the fourth season premiere of Jerseylicious and the second season premiere of Big Rich Texas.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.123, “Happy Cougar Castle Fringe Revenge.” This week @danielletbd joined @mytakeontv and I to discuss some recent shows including Castle, Happy Endings, Revenge, Fringe, the third season premiere of Cougar Town and more.
Once Upon a Time (ABC): New. David tells Kathryn about his feelings for Mary Margaret. In fairytale land, Prince Charming agrees to go on a dangerous mission while searching for Snow.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. Lockhart & Gardner are going after a software company that is accused of selling software to Syria that allowed them to find and then disappear American citizens that were part of a protest. Eli’s ex is trying to get him to come aboard her campaign. Another just absolutely fantastic episode.
Pan Am (ABC): Season Finale. Ted is getting nervous as the wedding approaches. Kate is becoming suspicious of everyone around her. Laura gets an offer from Amanda. Maggie ends up in some trouble. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. The Simpsons are kicked out of town and end up living with an off-the-grid community until they try to sneak back into town. Runs 30 minutes. Tonight is the 500th episode.
The Walking Dead (AMC): New. Rick, Glen and Hershel deal with the problem they’ve gotten themselves into. Shane finds Lori in serious danger. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later twice. Last week’s midseason premiere episode, “Nebraska,” replays right before.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Executive Chef Bogle challenges Iron Chef Morimoto. Plays again later.
- Californication (Showtime): New. Hank tries to reconnect with Karen and gets interrupted by Richard. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Susan learns who the father of Julie’s baby is. Orson is trying to help Bree. Porter and Preston get evicted and attempt to move back home. Runs 61 minutes.
- Luck (HBO): New. Ace meets someone. Leon is dealing with weighty problems. Jerry’s partners try to steer him clear of his poker nemesis. Plays again later.
- Shameless (Showtime): New. Lip is attempting to get back in good with Karen. Frank is trying to get Grammy out. Fiona gets invited to go on a boat trip. Plays again later.
- Spartacus: Vengeance (Starz): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Empty Hands,” replays.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the Dallas Mavericks at the New York Knicks followed by the Orlando Magic at the Miami Heat.
- CBS has college basketball action with Michigan State at Perdue followed by final round coverage of the Northern Trust Open golf tournament.
- ESPN has NBA action tonight.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball action with Duke at Maryland followed by Purdue at Michigan State and then men’s action with South Florida at Pittsburgh.
- NBC has doubleheader NHL action.
- NBC Sports has NHL action today.
SOAPnet has five episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210.
TNT has nine episodes of Law & Order followed by the three The Librarian movies.
USA Network has eight episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.