News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has the second season premiere of Breakout Kings, Comedy Central has a Ralphie May: Too Big To Ignore, Food Network has the fourth season finale of Cupcake Wars, Lifetime has the sixth season premiere of Army Wives, and TV Guide has the series premiere of Hollywood Girls Night.
In late night, VH1 has the series premiere of Stevie TV.
Once Upon a Time (ABC): New. Emma is looking into the disappearance of David’s wife. Mary Margaret and Leroy help some nuns sell candles at the Miner’s Day Festival.
The Good Wife (CBS): New. The firm is in the midst of various power grabs. Alicia and Caitlin go up against Nancy Crozier, guest star Mamie Gummer. Peter learns what the downside of taking the high road is.
GCB (ABC): Series Premiere. A woman’s marriage ends in scandal and decides to return home to Texas with her two teenage kids. They move in with her mother, which she hasn’t seen in years. She was once the mean girl in high school and many of the local ladies are not all that happy to see her returning and set out to get back at her for sins of the past. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. I found this to be a fun guilty pleasure type show. It is sort of like a grown-up Gossip Girl or a Desperate Housewives without the murder mystery. If you don’t care for those types of soapy comedy dramas, then you will probably want to skip it. If you like those types of shows, then you’ll want to tune in. Today is the last day to enter our GCB Beauty Kit Prize Pack Giveaway.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Bart is trying to get back Homer. Apu is worried about a new health food store opening up. Runs 30 minutes.
The Walking Dead (AMC): New. Rick takes the same side as Shane and Dale is none to happy with that development. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later twice. Last week’s episode, “18 Miles Out,” replays right before.
Breakout Kings (A&E): Season Premiere. A pursuit of a dangerous criminal ends in tragedy. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Season Premiere. Roxy is dealing with the prospect of moving away from her friends. Joan is readying for a hurricane. Denise and Frank are celebrating Molly’s first birthday. Runs 121 minutes. Plays again later.
- Californication (Showtime): New. Hank tells Becca that he will read her boyfriend’s screenplay. Plays again later.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Lynette refuses to help Porter raise the baby. Orson wants Bree to go on a trip with him. Karen needs Gaby to keep a secret for her. Runs 61 minutes.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Iron Chef Marc Forgione and his brother Bryan take on Chef Joey Campanaro and his brother Lou. Plays again later.
- Luck (HBO): New. Ace makes a pitch to buy a part of a racetrack. Israel starts informing. Plays again later.
- Shameless (Showtime): New. Lip drops out of school and Fiona has to make a deal. Plays again later.
- Spartacus: Vengeance (Starz): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Chosen Path,” replays.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the New York Knicks at the Boston Celtics followed by the Miami Heat at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- CBS has tripleheader college basketball action.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action and later doubleheader NBA action.
- ESPN2 has men’s college basketball action followed by tripleheader women’s college basketball action.
- FOX has NASCAR action with the Sprint Cup: Subway Fresh Fit 500.
- NBC has an NHL game early followed by the final round of the Honda Classic golf tournament.
- NBC Sports has NHL action tonight.
- NHLTV has a game today.
Centric has 25 episodes of The Steve Harvey Show.
SOAPnet has five episodes of Beverly Hills, 90210 early.
TNT has nine episodes of Law & Order.
USA Network has six episodes of NCIS tonight.