News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premiere of Missing.
Over on cable, A&E has the second season premiere of The First 48: Missing Persons, Food Network has the second season premiere of Sweet Genius, and VH1 has the fifth season premiere of Behind the Music.
Shows normally recommended below but are repeats or not on tonight include CBS’ The Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest and The Mentalist.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. A current string of murders in Mystic Falls seem similar to another crime spree that Damon remembers from a century ago. Meanwhile, Matt and Elena are investigating Dr. Fell.
The Secret Circle (The CW): New. Cassie sees Blackwell and confides in Adam that she did. Faye isn’t sure what to make of a woman she meets that claims to be the girlfriend of Lee. There is a new guy in town and Melissa introduces Diana to him.
Awake (NBC): New. A convict on the run that Michael had arrested a decade earlier kidnaps Rex. In the other reality a case gets in the way of an event to honor his dead son.
Community (NBC): New. Andre and Shirley decide to get remarried. Annie and Britta plan the festivities.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Jack is feeling kind of down, so he challenges the writers to a strategic contest. Liz’s ex shows up and tries to mess things up with her current boyfriend.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Derek wants Meredith back with him in neuro. Cristina continues to be suspicious of Owen. Morgan begins falling for Alex. Runs 62 minutes.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Sam wants to take care of Corinne at home. Amelia must make a big decision. Erica’s health turns worse. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- Missing (ABC): Series Premiere. A mother lets her son go to school abroad in Europe, but when she hasn’t heard from him and can’t get a hold of him, she travels to Europe to find out what happened. She finds that he is missing and begins searching for him. She is a former CIA operative and puts her skills and contacts together to hunt down who took her son. Ashley Judd kicks some serious ass. The basic premise is very similar to Liam Neeson’s Taken, but with a different back-story. In this case it isn’t just that her son needs to be found, but that the reason he has been taken probably has something to do with her past in the CIA. The European backdrops are fantastic and the action is pretty solid for a TV show. I’ve seen the first three episodes and I’m looking forward to seeing more.
- The Office (NBC): New. Andy is headed across the country to pick up Erin. Nellie wants to be the manager. Runs 30 minutes.
- Touch (FOX): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays. New episodes begin next week.
- CBS has college basketball action from the NCAA Basketball Tournament all day.
- ESPN has four college basketball from the Big East Basketball Tournament.
- ESPN2 has two college basketball from the Big 12 Basketball Tournament and two college basketball from the Big Ten Basketball Tournament.
- NBC Sports has NHL action tonight.
- NHL TV has a game tonight.
- TBS has college basketball action from the NCAA Basketball Tournament all day.
- TNT has college basketball action from the NCAA Basketball Tournament all day.
- truTV has college basketball action from the NCAA Basketball Tournament all day.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Roseanne.
USA Network has eight episodes of Burn Notice and then five episodes of NCIS.