News & Notes
Over on cable, History has the second season finale of Only in America With Larry the Cable Guy, Syfy has the third season finale of Ghost Hunters International, and Travel Channel has the first season finale of Amazing Eats.
Wednesday night shows normally mentioned below but are either repeats or not on tonight include ABC’s The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, and Revenge.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers (NBC): New. Unsuspecting young people get punked by the senior set.
Best Friends Forever (NBC): Series Premiere. After getting divorce papers, a woman seeks solace from her best friend and former roommate. Her best friend offers her a place to stay, even though she is now living with her boyfriend. This is an okay first outing. The two leads play very well off each other and overall things seem much more loose and natural than say, Whitney. But, still not nearly as good as Bent, which was never given a shot. Yet, while this has gotten some promotion, I don’t really see it lasting more than however many episodes they have for the first season.
Bent (NBC): New. Walt attempts to woo back Pete’s mom. Alex is worried that Pete may have gone back to his old habits. The first season, and most likely series, finale follows this episode, where Alex dreams about Pete while on a romantic getaway with Ben. Really wish NBC had given this a better chance, or any chance really, at finding an audience.
Happy Endings (ABC): New. Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills, 90210) guest stars as a guy Penny meets online. Brad is trying to tell Jane something. They all go to Derrick and Eric’s wedding. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
Psych (USA Network): New. A chef convicted a robbery he didn’t commit hires Shawn and Gus to find the real person responsible. Plays again later.
One Tree Hill (The CW): Series Finale. The events of the finale revolve around the 10th anniversary of Tric, which brings some old faces and points to new possibilities. Runs two hours. Who would of ever thought this show would last for 187 episodes?
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The team shuts down a casino after a man is shot to investigate and catch the killer.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The BAU team is headed to Oregon to investigate a series of ritualistic murders.
- Missing (ABC): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Ice Queen,” replays.
- Whitechapel (BBC America): New. Chandler and his team go to Buchan for help on their latest case.
- ESPN has the Masters Par 3 Contest, Wednesday Night Baseball with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Miami Marlins and then NBA action with the Los Angeles Lakers at the Los Angeles Clippers.
- ESPN2 has NBA action tonight.
- NBC Sports has an NHL game.
- Fairly Legal (USA Network): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Bait & Switch,” replays.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday night’s episode, “(Dis)Members Only,” replays.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne early.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TNT has seven episodes of Law & Order tonight.
USA Network has six episodes of NCIS.