News & Notes
Shows normally recommended below but are repeats tonight include The CW’s Nikita and Supernatural.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.129, “The Mad Happy Whitney Game Community.” This Joel Keller (@joelkeller) of the @antennafreetv podcast and Mekeisha Madden Toby (@mekeishamadto) of the TV Madness podcast and TV Critic at The Detroit News joined me to discuss recent episodes of Whitney, Happy Endings, Community, the second season premiere of The Killing, the second season premiere of Game of Thrones, and Mad Men. April is TV podcaster month on TV times Three. See who else will be on the show.
The Finder (FOX): New. The songs of a late rapper have been leaked and a music mogul, played by guest star Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, and his lawyer, played by guest star Salli Richardson-Whitfield (Eureka), ask Walter to find the source of the leak. Look this show is only half good, but there isn’t anything else worth watching in the first hour of primetime on Friday nights until Nikita returns with new episodes in a few weeks.
Fringe (FOX): New. Lincoln heads to the other side to investigate a vigilante that may have a connection to the shapeshifters along with his alternate Fringe Division counterparts.
In Plain Sight (USA Network): New. Mary has to deal with a bigamist and his two wives. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Reservations, I’ve Got a Few,” replays earlier in this morning.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. The first two of six repeat episodes that play tonight play in this time period. All six play again later.
Grimm (NBC): New. Nick puts together a romantic weekend getaway for he and Juliette, but things turn grim.
Blue Bloods (CBS): New. The death of a firefighter’s son was ruled a suicide, but the father doesn’t think so and asks Danny to look into things. Jamie gets caught on video rescuing a baby for a fire and is worried that his cover may be blown.
- Fairly Legal (USA Network): New. Kate takes the case of mediating a severance package for an aeronautics company employee and comes to find out the real reason he was fired. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Bait & Switch,” replays earlier in this morning.
- Magic City (Starz): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “The Year of the Fin,” replays. Plays twice.
- True Justice (Reelz): New. “From Russia With Drugs.” Plays again later.
- ESPN has second round coverage of the Masters golf tournament.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader MLB action with the San Francisco Giants at the Arizona Diamondbacks followed by the Kansas City Royals at the Los Angeles Angels.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action with the Detroit Pistons at the Atlanta Hawks followed by the Houston Rockets at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- NBC Sports has an NHL game tonight.
- Being Human (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Partial Eclipse of the Heart,” replays.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “(Dis)Members Only,” replays.
ION has six episodes of Cold Case tonight.
Oxygen has six episodes of House tonight.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.
USA Network has five episodes of House today.
WE tv has 10 episodes of Frasier tonight.