News & Notes
Over on cable, Food Network has the first season finale of Restaurant Stakeout, History has the series premiere of Sold!, Syfy has the eighth spring season premiere of Ghost Hunters, MTV has the seventh season premiere of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew, Travel Channel has the sixth season premiere of Man v. Food and series premiere of Baggage Battles and USA Network has the sixth season finale of Psych.
The Middle (ABC): New. Frankie gets inspired at church to stop hesitating about fulfilling one’s destiny.
Suburgatory (ABC): New. George and Noah end up taking Dallas mattress shopping. Dahlia makes a breakthrough in therapy. Ryan and Tessa go on a date.
Modern Family (ABC): New. It’s Election Day and everyone is doing what they can for Claire in her race for city council. Runs 31 minutes.
Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 (ABC): Series Premiere. A young woman moves to New York City only to find out that the company she was to work for has gone under and ends up needing to find a new place to live. She moves in with a party girl that is only out to con her out of her money and possessions. Things are not going as planned. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes. After watching the “Pilot” episode I was not sure what to make of it, as the only things I found funny were the jokes about James Van Der Beek (he plays a version of himself on the show) and his acting career. That’s a well you can’t go to for long before it becomes repetitive and not funny. But, next week’s episode is much better overall and does two things. Shows the Van Der Beek joke well may be deeper than expected and that they found some funny situations that didn’t involve him. I look forward to seeing more episodes as they may actually have something here.
Psych (USA Network): Season Finale. The body of a woman that went missing 20 years ago is found and the case is reopened. Turns out Henry was one of the detectives on the original case and he along with Shawn and Gus set out to find out what happened. Plays again later. Previous four episodes replay earlier this morning. A fantastic finale that will definitely leave you wishing season seven started next week.
Betty White’s Off Their Rockers (NBC): New. Seniors prank youngers.
Best Friends Forever (NBC): New. Jessica calls her ex just days away from what would have been their third anniversary, which leads to her needing to be cheered up once again.
Criminal Minds (CBS): New. Morgan’s missing cousin resurfaces and the team reopens the case.
Revenge: From the Beginning (ABC): New. Clip show recapping what has happened so far and get you back up to speed for the return of the show next week with the first of six new episodes to finish out the season.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The team is searching for new evidence to put a man that is about to be released after his conviction was overturned back in jail.
- Whitechapel (BBC America): New. Body parts of a person that was poisoned wash up by the Thames.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the New York Knicks at the Milwaukee Bucks followed by the Golden State Warriors at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- ESPN2 has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Miami Marlins at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- MLB Network has a game early today.
- NBC Sports has NHL action with doubleheader first round Stanley Cup Playoff games.
- Fairly Legal (USA Network): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Shine a Light,” replays.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday night’s first season finale episode, “Bloodlines,” replays.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Roseanne.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TNT has seven episodes of Law & Order tonight.
USA Network has six episodes of NCIS tonight.