News & Notes
On cable tonight, CMT has the fifth season premiere of The Singing Bee and the series premieres of Jennie Garth: Little Bit Country and Melissa & Tye, HBO has the third season premiere of The Ricky Gervais Show, Travel Channel has the second season premiere of The Dead Files.
Shows normally recommended below but are repeats or not on tonight include CBS’ Blue Bloods.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.131, “Justified Mad Fringe Girls in Suburgatory.” This week Cory Barker (@corybarker) of the TV Surveillance Blog & Podcast and Todd VanDerWerff (@tvoti) of the TV on the Internet Podcast and TV Editor at The A.V. Club joined me to discuss the series premieres of Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 and HBO’s Girls, the third season finale of Justified, and recent episodes of Suburgatory, Fringe and Mad Men. April is TV podcaster month on TV times Three. See who else has been and will be on the show this month.
Nikita (The CW): New. A man gets released that was once apprehended by Nikita is seeking revenge. Percy begins playing games with Sean, Alex and Michael.
Fringe (FOX): New. The story jumps to 2036 where The Observers have taken over and a small resistance seeks a way to end their reign. This is a weird episode. It is good, but feels like it is just barely the beginning of a storyline. It also telegraphs the ending from the very beginning. Mostly it just takes a whole episode to tell not much actual story. It’s not exactly what the promo’s made it seem.
In Plain Sight (USA Network): New. Mary’s father returns, which puts Brandi and Jinx in danger. Mary has to decide whether to trust him or not. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Drag Me to Hell,” replays earlier this morning.
The Finder (FOX): New. A family comes to Walter to help find their husband and father. An FBI agent that is seeking the same guy attempts to get information from Walter.
Grimm (NBC): New. Nick learns that Monroe and Rosalee are hiding a murder suspect that started his spree over seas.
Magic City (Starz): New. Ike is hoping that gambling will be legalized. Vera gets a visit by an old friend. Ben thinks his wife is being unfaithful. Plays twice.
- Fairly Legal (USA Network): New. Kate and Ben work to defend a victim of alleged police brutality, which pits them against Justin and the police department. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Gimme Shelter,” replays earlier in this morning.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Another hunter comes to Sam and Dean for help with a case and then goes missing.
- True Justice (Reelz): New. “Dark Vengeance (Part 1).” Plays again later.
- CNBC has NHL action with a first round Stanley Cup Playoff game.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the Boston Celtics at the Atlanta Hawks followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the San Antonio Spurs.
- MLB Network has a game today and another tonight.
- NBC Sports has NHL action with a first round Stanley Cup Playoff game.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s second season premiere episode, “Something Wicked This Fae Comes,” replays.
ION has six episodes of Cold Case tonight.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Roseanne today and five episodes of House tonight.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.
WE tv has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.