News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the third season finale of Undercover Boss, the eighth season finale of CSI: NY and the second season finale of Blue Bloods and FOX has the first season finale of The Finder and the fourth season finale of Fringe.
On cable tonight, TLC has the second season finale of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and USA Network has the series premiere of Common Law.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.134, “Revenge Time in the GCB Castle.” This week Amrie (@mytakeontv) and I are joined by Myles McNutt (@memles) from Cultural Learnings to talk about some recent TV news items and then discuss the third season finale of The Good Wife, Once Upon a Time, the first season finale of GCB, Castle, Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 and Revenge, plus a little reality talk.
Nikita (The CW): New. Percy is threatening to set off his nuclear weapons. Nikita decides to head into Division, as she believes it is the only way to stop Percy. Next week is the season finale.
Fringe (FOX): Season Finale. The team sets out to stop a catastrophic event from happening.
Blue Bloods (CBS): Season Finale. Frank is trying to stop an attack on the city, while trying to keep what is going on from his family. Jamie and Danny get into it.
The Finder (FOX): Season Finale. Walter’s father asks him to find his first love before he dies. FOX has announced that they won’t be picking this show up for next season.
Grimm (NBC): New. Juliette comes across a terrible murder. Hank sees something he wasn’t supposed to see. Next week is the season finale.
Common Law (USA Network): Series Premiere. Two bickering cops are sent to couples therapy to work out their differences. They investigate the murder of a judge’s son. Plays again later. If you like most of USA Network’s shows, you will probably like this one. It makes a solid debut, is fun in places, and too over-the-top in others. I need to see more episodes to see how well the basic premise is going to work and for how long. The show really feels like they mixed a standard detective show with the therapy portion of Necessary Roughness.
- Fairly Legal (USA Network): New. Kate and Ben are helping Judge Nicastro in a contract dispute. Lauren buys a new painting for the lobby of the firm. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Ripple of Hope,” replays earlier in this morning.
- Magic City (Starz): New. Ike and Ben make a big boxing wager. Vera gets canceled on. Klein comes across something that could change things for Ike. Plays twice. The previous two episode replay right before.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Dean and Sam have to find three objects to defeat Dick Roman. Next week is the season finale.
- True Justice (Reelz): New. “Divided They Fall” Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA Playoff action.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing action with the Nationwide Series: VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Mirror, Mirror,” replays.
gmc has nine episodes of The Waltons.
ION has six episodes of Cold Case tonight.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Roseanne today.
TV One has 10 episodes of Living Single tonight.
USA Network has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.