News & Notes
Over on cable, AMC has the second season finale of The Killing, Discovery Channel has the 10th season premiere of MythBusters and the first season finale of Head Games, HBO has the first season finale of Girls, Lifetime has the first season finale of The Client List, Showtime has the fourth season finale of Nurse Jackie, the third season finale of The Big C and the second season finale of The Borgias, TLC has the first season finale of My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, and TNT has the second season premiere of Falling Skies.
Have you entered our Louie Season 2 Blu-ray giveaway yet?
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The “The Falcon and the D’Ohman” episode from this past season replays, where Homer makes a new friend at the plant. Marge is dreaming about being a food show contestant. Runs 30 minutes.
Falling Skies (TNT): Season Premiere. Two episodes play tonight. In the first, Weaver is still leading the 2nd Mass. Tom makes his way back to his family. Hal and Ben start having more problems. In the second, Tom isn’t sure about what happened to him on the alien ship. Pope doesn’t trust Tom after his return. Ben’s hate for skitters continues to grow. Both play again later. When Tom walked onto the alien ship at the end of Season 1, it made you wonder how they would write themselves out of that problem. Well, they did a good job with it, with what turns out to be just about the only way you could plausibly have Tom return to the group. The action seems to be ratcheted up in Season 2, from what I’ve seen of it thus far. Also, Tom’s return makes for some interesting problems within the group. I look forward to seeing more. Will you be tuning in tonight?
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane is working on a wrongful termination case. Kim and Parker take the divorce case of Owen’s sister. Grayson is helping Stacy and Nikki with their new business. Plays again later. The previous two episodes replay earlier in the day.
- The Glades (A&E): New. Jim is helping Callie with her move to Atlanta. Manus gets a visit from the Bureau Chief. Plays again later. The previous two episodes replay earlier this morning.
- The Killing (AMC): Season Finale. Sarah and Holder figure out who killed Rosie Larsen, for reals this time, which gives the Larsen family some closure. Plays twice and again later. The previous episode replays right before. Who do you think did it?
- Longmire (A&E): New. Longmire investigates a barn fire and possible murder that resulted from it. Plays twice and again later twice. The previous two episodes replay earlier this morning.
- MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Season Finale. Hollywood firearm myths are tested. Plays again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. Contestants have to cook their version of some iconic food court foods. Plays again later.
- Nurse Jackie (Showtime): Season Finale. Jackie is pushed the breaking point. Grace gets enrolled in public school. Charlie gets admitted. O’Hara goes into labor. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- ABC has Game 3 of the NBA Finals tonight.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball action with the Boston Red Sox at the Chicago Cubs.
- NBC has final round coverage of the U.S. Open golf tournament.
- TBS has MLB action today with the New York Yankees at the Washington Nationals.
- TNT has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Quicken Loans 400.
Sunday TV Marathons
A&E has eight episodes of Criminal Minds.
BBC America has James Bond movies all day.
Centric has 22 episodes of The Cosby Show.
Discovery Channel has 13 episodes of MythBusters.
gmc has six episodes of The Waltons.
Hallmark Movie Channel has Jane Doe mystery movies all day.
ION has nine episodes of Flashpoint tonight.
MTV2 has 10 episodes of The Wayans Bros.
Syfy has nine episodes of Eureka.
USA Network has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit tonight.
What Sunday TV are you most looking forward to tonight?