News & Notes
Over on cable, Science has the third season finale of Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman, Syfy has the second season premiere of Paranormal Witness, TLC has the series premiere of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, and TNT has the first season finale of Dallas.
In late night, NBC has the series premiere of Go On.
USA Network is taking the night off from original programming, but Royal Pains and Necessary Roughness will return with new episodes next week.
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): New. Joey gives some advice to Mel’s mother and Mel doesn’t like it. The gym teacher thinks something is up with Lennox. The previous two episodes, “Pretty Big Liars” and “A Pair of Sneakers,” replay right before.
Baby Daddy (ABC Family): New. Ben and Tucker are going out with the same woman. Riley tries to help Danny with his public speaking. The previous two episodes, “Married to the Job” and “Take Her Out of the Ballgame,” replay earlier in the evening.
Dallas (TNT): Season Finale. Everyone is worried for Bobby. Christopher and Elena find something out. Some secrets from the past get revealed. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later. The previous nine episodes of the season replay leading up to tonight’s season finale.
Restaurant: Impossible (Food Network): New. An Italian restaurant with bad management and poor décor is fixed up. Two repeat episodes replay right before. All three play again later.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the San Francisco Giants at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- NBC has coverage of the 2012 Summer Olympics, as does NBC Sports.
- Go On (NBC): Series Premiere. Matthew Perry (Friends) star as a sports radio host who lost his wife and is forced to join a group to deal with his loss. It is scheduled for 11:04pm after the night’s primetime Olympics coverage. I’ve seen most of the new comedies for fall and this is one of my favorites. It is kind of a downer premise, but they make it work and the “Pilot” episode that plays tonight has plenty of laughs. Perry seems well suited to the roll and I look forward to seeing more of this one. Definitely worth checking out tonight or on Monday, Sept. 10th, then night before it takes its regular Tuesday timeslot on the 11th.
- Lost Girl (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “School’s Out,” replays.
- Suits (Syfy): Repeat. Last Thurday’s episode, “Sucker Punch,” replays.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Roseanne.
TNT has all 10 episodes of the first season of the new Dallas.
USA Network has 10 episodes of NCIS.
What will you watch on Wednesday TV tonight?