News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the 13th season premiere of Intervention, BBC America has the second season finale of Top Gear, Bravo has the series premiere of Gallery Girls, Discovery Channel has a Sharkzilla special and a MythBusters: Jawsome Shark Special, History has the series premiere of Counting Cars, MTV has the second season finale of Teen Wolf, Spike TV has the fifth season premiere of World’s Wildest Police Videos, TLC has the series premiere of United Bates of America and the series premiere of Big Tiny: Life With the Jordans, and TNT has the series finale of The Closer and the series premiere of Major Crimes
In late night, MTV has a Teen Wolf: Revelations special following the finale.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Armed Response,” replays. The previous eight episodes replay right before.
The Closer (TNT): Series Finale. Brenda takes one last shot at taking down Philip Stroh, but it may put her career in jeopardy. Runs 66 minutes. Plays again later. This is an absolutely awesome finale that they have been doing a great job of building to. While TNT really spread out this final season, it has been worth the wait.
Teen Wolf (MTV): Season Finale. Scott is trying to figure out what Gerard’s ultimate plan is and attempts to stop him. Meanwhile, Derek has his own ideas as to how to stop Gerard. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “Battlefield,” replays right before.
- Alphas (Syfy): New. Nina is starting to completely lose it and goes on a pushing spree. Plays again later.
- Bunheads (ABC Family): New. Michelle finds a new place to get coffee. Fanny and Sasha remain at odds. Some changes in Ginny are noticed. Plays twice. The previous episode, “Blank Up, It’s Time,” replays earlier this evening.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Some places with food worth “Goin’ the Extra Mile” for are profiled. Plays again later.
- Grimm (NBC): Season Premiere. Nick has to deal with the return of his mother. A plot to hunt down Nick is found out. Rosalee and Monroe attempt try to get Juliette out of her coma. Plays again Friday night. Will play on Monday nights and repeat on Friday nights for a few weeks before moving to its regular Friday night timeslot.
- Major Crimes (TNT): Series Premiere. Major Crimes takes a new direction under new leadership, which causes some problems among the ranks. In the opening they are investigating a string of robberies that turned deadly. Plays again later. All, but one, of your favorite characters are back to continue tracking down the bad guys with a slightly new directive. Will move up an hour next week and Perception will be back in this timeslot.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. An artifact is threatening a musician in New Orleans. Plays again later.
- ESPN has preseason Monday Night Football with the Dallas Cowboys at the Oakland Raiders.
- ESPN2 has Monday Night Baseball with the Texas Rangers at the New York Yankees.
Monday TV Marathons
Food Network has 10 episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives tonight.
ION has six episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
Lifetime has 22 episodes of Frasier.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TNT has 10 episodes of The Closer today.
TV One has 12 episodes of Martin early.
USA Network has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent followed by five episodes of NCIS.
WE tv has 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.
There are so many premieres and finales to choose from tonight. What will you watch on Monday TV?