TV Sunday: Leverage, Falling Skies S.2 Premiere, Political Animals Season Finale & More
News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the second season finale of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.
Over on cable, BBC America has the series premiere of Copper, Discovery Channel has the fourth season premiere of Survivorman, the series premiere of One Car Too Far and a Finding Amelia Earhart: Mystery Solved? special, E! has the series premiere of Married to Jonas, Food Network has the third season premiere of The Great Food Truck Race, TNT has the second season finale of Falling Skies, and USA Network has the season finale of Political Animals.
Leverage (TNT): New. The team takes on a cheerleading company that isn’t protecting the girls who compete in competitions, which puts them up against the U.S. Congress. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays earlier today.
Falling Skies (TNT): Season Finale. The skitters are getting close to the newly consolidated resistance force. Tom finds out some new information that could change things. Plays again later. The previous episode replays earlier today.
Political Animals (USA Network): Season Finale. Elaine’s resignation doesn’t go as planned and it has leaked to the press. Douglas confesses and then makes a life altering decision. Runs 66 minutes. Plays again later. This is a fantastic finish what has been an enjoyable short series. While I wouldn’t go as far as the promos and say that it is the most shocking hour of TV you’ll see this year, there is something that happens that I didn’t see coming. So, kudos to them for that. Also, it is left in a spot that they could easily revisit these characters in another limited episode run down the road.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Kevin has to head home. Roland is treating Marcus. Plays again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Jesse, Walt and Mike are dealing with some business problems. Runs 64 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- Copper (BBC America): Series Premiere. The series follows Kevin Corcoran, an Irish-immigrant cop in 1864 New York City, as he investigates crimes in the dangerous Five Points area. In this episode, he is tracking down a child killer. Plays again three times. I have not seen this yet, but am definitely looking forward to checking it out. It looks really good and they have done a great job or recreating the time and place in which the story takes place. The whole idea just seems intriguing.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane takes the case of a mother who had her daughter end up on life support after going to a rave. Plays again later.
- Episodes (Showtime): New. Merc may be in trouble after it is found out that he passed on another network’s hit show. Matt deals with his stalker. Sean doesn’t like that Beverly is going on a second date. Plays again later.
- The Great Food Truck Race (Food Network): Season Premiere. Eight teams show up in California to start off the race. Plays again later.
- The Newsroom (HBO): New. The team puts on a mock debate for two Republican officials in an attempt to get a presidential candidate debate. Neal goes undercover as an Internet troll for his story. Mac is energized by the power outage. Plays again later.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing action with the Sprint Cup: Pure Michigan 400 today and later has Sunday Night Baseball action with the Boston Red Sox at the New York Yankees.
- NBC has preseason Sunday Night Football with the Indianapolis Colts at the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the Atlanta Braves.
- Burn Notice (USA Network): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Official Business,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
Centric has 12 episodes of The Jamie Foxx Show.
gmc has 12 episodes of The Waltons.
Hallmark Movie Channel has episodes of Matlock all day.
ION has five episodes of Leverage tonight.
TV One has 10 episodes of Martin tonight.
USA Network has 10 episodes of NCIS.
What are you going to watch on TV Sunday?