News & Notes
Over on cable, TNT has the first season finale of Perception.
The Fall 2012 TV Season gets fully underway as of next Monday, Sept. 24th with the premieres of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars and Castle and CBS’s How I Met Your Mother, new show Partners, 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly and Hawaii Five-0. These will join the NBC shows that started last week and tonight and FOX’s shows that start tonight as well. The CW doesn’t start up for another two weeks, on Oct. 8th.
Alphas (Syfy): New. Rosen is trying to figure out what to do after learning who the mole is. Kat goes undercover to track the source of a new drug that seems to make you indestructible. Plays again later two times. Very strong episode that brings Kat into the fold more and the outing of the mole brings with it some new problems for the team.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. People are rusting away and Pete and Myka are investigating the source of the problem. Steve and Claudia think they may know how to end the dependence of the metronome. Artie tells what he did with the Astrolabe. Plays again later.
Revolution (NBC): Series Premiere. It is 15 years after all the electricity stopped working and the world has changed. Various militias control various areas of the country and one militia leader is looking for a guy that may know something about why the power when out and after some stuff goes down, the man’s daughter goes looking for her uncle to help save her brother that was taken by the militia. Review: I like Revolution, but with some reservations. Those will either be answered in the next few episodes and I’ll be completely hooked or they won’t and it will join a long list of big mystery dramas that have come and gone quickly. The cast is solid for the most part and the people behind the scenes have brought us some good stuff. Creator Eric Kripke, who also created Supernatural, gives me hope that what we see in tonight’s premiere will be built upon nicely. I am very much looking forward to more. Have you seen it online already? What did you think? Or, are you watching it tonight?
- Bones (FOX): Season Premiere. Brennan is on the run with her father and baby. Booth and the rest of the Jeffersonian team are trying to figure out how to prove she is innocent. Solid return for the show that mostly cleans things up from where we left off last season, but was kind of confused by the ending. Are you happy for the return of Bones?
- The L.A. Complex (The CW): New. In the first of two episodes tonight, Abby and Kal are looking for Tariq. Connor’s sister introduces him to a new religion. In the second episode, Kal gets some bad news. Raquel is doing anything she can to finance the movie. Connor is trying to figure out who he can trust. The final two episodes of season two play next week. The best show that nobody is watching.
- Major Crimes (TNT): New. Capt. Raydor makes a move that could put her career in jeopardy. Rusty doesn’t want to meet his biological father. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Citizens Arrest,” replays right before. The previous four episodes replay earlier in the day. Very interested to see Raydor possibly color outside the lines?
- The Mob Doctor (FOX): Series Premiere. A top surgeon at a Chicago hospital is trying to figure out how to balance working there and for the mafia she is working for to pay off her brother’s debt. Review: Really like Jordana Spiro (My Boys) as the doctor in question and most of the medical side of this drama. But, the other half of the show, not so much. The working for the mafia stuff didn’t work and felt very cliché. You pretty much know just how everything is going to go down. It also sets up that each episode will be watching her try to navigate working at the hospital and being a mob doctor on call. Will probably watch a couple more episodes to see for sure, but unless it has more than that it will become kind of boring long term. Will you be watching tonight?
- Perception (TNT): Season Finale. Moretti starts to believe that there may be something to Pierce’s conspiracy theory. Pierce is forced to face some truths. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later. After last week’s part one of this two-part finale, I am really looking forward to watching the conclusion tonight. How about you? What did you think of the way things ended last week?
- Switched at Birth (ABC Family): New. Daphne causes an accident at the restaurant. Bay tries to get Angelo to cover for her. Regina is getting more attention during an interview for Kathryn’s book. Last week’s episode, “The Intruder,” replays right before.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Denver Broncos at the Atlanta Falcons.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
Monday TV Marathons
Food Network has 12 episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives tonight.
ION has six episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
TV One has 12 episodes of Martin early.
USA Network has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent followed by five episodes of NCIS tonight.
WE tv has 10 episodes of The Golden Girls tonight.
What will you watch Monday on TV?