News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the sixth season premiere of Private Practice, CBS has the 10th season premiere of NCIS, the fourth season premiere of NCIS: Los Angeles and the series premiere of Vegas, and FOX has the second season premiere of New Girl, the series premiere of Ben & Kate and the series premiere of The Mindy Project.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the fourth fall season premiere of Tosh.0 and the series premiere of Brickleberry and History has the third season finale of Top Gear and the first season finale of Counting Cars.
New Girl (FOX): Season Premiere. Schmidt thinks he needs to rebrand himself. Jess gets fired. Winston shouldn’t drink fruity drinks. The branding party stuff is pretty funny, but I liked the second episode of this show that plays later better. Raising Hope premieres in this timeslot next week.
Ben & Kate (FOX): Series Premiere. The flaky dreamer Ben returns home to visit his always responsible sister and his niece. Best new comedy this fall. I just really loved this premiere. It’s got heart wrapped around the comedy. I look forward to hanging out more with theses siblings.
New Girl (FOX): New. Jess pretends to be the blind date of a handsome man that approaches her at the bar. An old man at the bar claims to be Nick from the future. Winston’s mom and sister come for a visit. Future Nick was outstanding.
The Mindy Project (FOX): Series Premiere. After a drunken night after her ex-boyfreinds wedding lands her in jail, a lousy in love doctor decides she needs to change things up in her life. Very much enjoyed Mindy Kaling’s (The Office) new starring vehicle. She has an interesting comic voice and the show relies on it heavily. If you don’t find her funny, then you may not enjoy this as much as I did. My favorite joke of the episode comes at the end when they are watching some TV in the doctor’s lounge and refers to the show they are watching. It is too funny. I look forward to watching Mindy rebuild herself. FOX has what looks to be the best two hour comedy block now on TV.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. SAMCRO deals with some internal strife during a desperate situation. Plays twice and again later. Last week’s episode replays between the two encores of tonight’s episode.
NCIS (CBS): Season Premiere. The FBI is called in to help hunt down Harper Dearing after the bombing of NCIS headquarters.
Go On (NBC): New. Ryan is super excited after he gets an invite to play in Jeremy Roenick’s hockey game. Anne asks Ryan to go to a wedding with her. Runs 30 minutes.
Parenthood (NBC): New. Adam and Kristina go to the family for support. Sarah has a confrontation with her boss with a surprising outcome.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): Season Premiere. Callen may get suspended for shooting the Chameleon. Hetty is trying to get used to being retired.
- Vegas (CBS): Series Premiere. Rancher Ralph Lamb becomes sheriff in up and coming Las Vegas and investigates the death of the governor’s niece, which puts him at odds with a local mobster. This has a phenomenal cast in a great setting of the coming boom town of Las Vegas with the mob trying to run things. I hope the procedural aspect of the show doesn’t keep you from watching, as they look to set up some really interesting characters that I want to learn more about. Even if there is something being investigated each episode. Worth checking out, yet it is quite the packed time period.
- MLB Network has a doubleheader tonight.
- Awkward. (MTV): Repeat. Last Thursday’s second season finale episode, “The Other Shoe,” replays. The previous episode, “Once Upon a Blog,” replays right before.
- Royal Pains (USA Network): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Sand Legs,” replays.
- Strike Back (Cinemax): Repeat. Last Friday night’s episode replays.
Tuesday TV Marathons
ION has seven episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
TNT has six episodes of Bones today.
TV One has 12 episodes of The Jeffersons early.
USA Network has 17 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
What Tuesday night TV shows are you looking forward to most tonight?