News & Notes
Over on cable, EPIX has The 4th Annual All-Star Comedy Roundtable and MTV2 has the series premiere of Numbnuts.
Listen to the latest from TV times Three: Ep.152, “Cable Fall TV Preview 2012.” On this episode I am joined by @atvgeek82 and @joelkeller to take a look at what cable has in store for Fall 2012 and also to discuss Revolution, The New Normal and more.
CSI: NY (CBS): Season Premiere. An arsonist on parole is suspected of a fire that kills the fire chief, because his past technique is used to start it.
Fringe (FOX): Season Premiere. The final season kicks off with the Fringe team having been trapped in amber for some 20 years and trying to reassemble the plan to fight the Observers for control in the year 2036. In a word: awesome. That is all.
Haven (Syfy): New. Audrey and Nathan deal with some raving lunatics that are roaming around town. Plays again later.
Grimm (NBC): Repeat. The “Quill” episode from earlier this season replays.
Grimm (NBC): New. Nick and Munroe investigate after a Wesen Church is robbed. Nick is being targeted. I was just starting to get into the new season and all the changes when we got that extra week hiatus in the move from Monday back to Fridays.
Strike Back (Cinemax): New. Stonebridge is trying to keep the assassin from being taken by a mob. Scott attempts to get Lilian to understand what Knox is up to. Runs 50 minutes. Plays again later.
- Blue Bloods (CBS): Season Premiere. Jackie gets abducted by a criminal from Danny’s past. Jamie gets a new partner.
- Boss (Starz): New. Kane gets control back of the city. Kane attempts to restore his public persona. Plays twice.
- Last Resort (ABC): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode, “Captain,” replays.
- Made in Jersey (CBS): Series Premiere. A female lawyer from Jersey works at a big law firm in New York. After impressing her boss, she gets assigned to a murder case. This show is pretty bad. Everything happens just the way you expect. All the stereotypes are on hand in this fish out of water scenario, as she overcomes with her perky street smarts. Yet, even though I think it is the worst of the new crop of fall dramas, I have a feeling that it is going to do really well for CBS. It is just right in the procedural wheelhouse.
- Nikita (The CW): Repeat. The second season finale episode, “Homecoming,” replays.
- XIII (Reelz): New. “The Key.”
- ESPN has Day 1 coverage from the Ryder Cup and later Friday Night Collage Football with Hawaii at BYU.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader WNBA Playoffs conference semifinals.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Alphas (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “The Devil Will Drag You Under,” replays.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “The Ones You Love,” replays.
Friday TV Marathons
A&E has seven episodes of Criminal Minds tonight.
BBC America has five episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation today.
ION has six episodes of Cold Case tonight.
TNT has six episodes of Law & Order today.
USA Network has nine episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit today.
What Friday night TV show are you most looking forward to tonight?