I’ve had a GetGlue account for quite some time now, but never really use it. The last thing I checked into was an episode of the long since canceled Undercovers two years ago. Yet, I get at least one email almost daily notifying me of a new follower to GetGlue.com/theTVaholic, which puts me at 892 as I write this.
What is GetGlue?
According to their website:
GetGlue is a social network for sharing with friends what you’re watching, listening to, or reading. As you check-in to and rate your favorite shows, movies, and music you can unlock rewards, including exclusive stickers. As we get to know your personal tastes, we will show you suggestions based on your preferences, what your friends like, and what’s trending on GetGlue.
Basically, it’s @foursquare for TV shows, movies, etc. Instead of letting people know where you are and what you are doing, you let them know what you are watching, reading or listening to.
So, I’ve decided to use @GetGlue for the week, starting as of this posting thru the same time next Sunday, and see what the deal is. I will then post my thoughts on the service and decide whether I will continue to use it.
Do You GetGlue?
But, as I do, I want to hear from those of you that use GetGlue and those of you that don’t:
- Why do you use or not use GetGlue?
- Why should I use or not use GetGlue?
- Why use GetGlue over just using Twitter?
- What do you wish GetGlue did that it doesn’t?
- Anything else I should know about the GetGlue service, apps, etc.?
- Do you like one of the other similar social TV services like @GoMiso, @IntoNow, @Zeebox etc. better?
I’d really like to hear your answers. Let me know in the comments.