News & Notes
On cable tonight, Discovery Channel has the first season finale of Texas Car Wars, History has a What’s the Earth Worth? special, and Lifetime has the second season premiere of Project Runway All Stars.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Connor wants Jeremy to help him uncover the town’s secrets. Elena is having trouble controlling her anger towards Rebekah. Stefan attempts to show Elena that she can still have fun.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. The machine spits out the number for a mob enforcer who is in danger, with leads Finch and Reese to an ethical dilemma. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 60 minutes.
Elementary (CBS): New. Holmes disagrees with the cops on a case of a big Wall Street executive. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. I like this Sherlock version quite a bit. Very much enjoy how they are developing the Holmes and Watson relationship and this episode does quite a bit to advance it. What do you think of this incarnation of Sherlock thus far?
Last Resort (ABC): New. Chaplin and Kendall are in negotiations with the U.S. government. Shepard takes the helm of the sub on a critical mission to fix the sonar array. This is quite the tense episode and the best since the “Pilot.” It allows a couple of characters to grow even more while we learn something new about a couple of others. How are you enjoying this show thus far?
The Office (NBC): New. Andy’s college music group comes to visit. Jim and Pam get into it over his new job. Runs 31 minutes.
Parks & Recreation (NBC): New. Leslie gets some potentially bad news. Tom is looking for a new venture. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 30 minutes.
Scandal (ABC): New. The parents of a missing college student come to the firm for help. David gets some unexpected help. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- 30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz and Jack are in a political rivalry. Jenna is trying to please her new fans. Runs 30 minutes.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Leonard attempts to seduce Penny via the scientific method. Runs 31 minutes.
- Dexter (SHO2): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Run,” replays.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Meredith stops telling Derek about her surgeries. Callie and Alex are feeling guilty about having not been in the crash. Runs 62 minutes.
- Homeland (SHO2): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “New Car Smell,” replays.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Walden starts going out with Rose, to Alan’s dismay. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 30 minutes.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Clemson at Wake Forest.
- FOX has Game 2 of the MLB Playoffs – World Series.
- NFL Network has Thursday Night Football with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Minnesota Vikings.
- Boss (Starz): Repeat. Last Friday night’s second season finale episode, “True Enough,” replays. Plays earlier this afternoon as well.
- Underemployed (MTV): Repeat. This past Tuesday night’s episode, “The Crib,” replays.
Thursday TV Marathons
ION has 10 episodes of Numb3rs.
Oxygen has 16 episodes of House.
TNT has seven episodes of The Mentalist, an NBA preseason game and then three more episodes tonight.
USA Network has nine episodes of NCIS.
What are you going to watch on Thursday TV?