News & Notes
On cable tonight, Bravo has the sixth season finale of Flipping Out, Discovery Channel has a Fighting Tuna: Cape Cod Bay special, Syfy has the second season premiere of Total Blackout and the series premiere of Viral Video Showdown, TLC has the first season finale of Extreme Cheapskates, and Travel Channel has the first season finale of Airport 24/7.
There are seven really good to great half-hour comedies on Tuesday nights, which one is your favorite and why? Let us know in the comments.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. Virginia doesn’t like it when Burt starts hanging out at a gay bar. Both storylines are fantastically funny. Love this show.
Ben & Kate (FOX): New. B.J. is attempting to get Kate to loosen up. Tommy and Ben’s plan to meet some hot moms goes awry. Still loving this show and very much like what they do with both B.J. and Kate in this episode.
Happy Endings (ABC): New. Dave and Alex decide to move in together and drive their realtor crazy trying to choose a place. Jane tries to help Penny buy a car. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 30 minutes. This whole episode is just fantastic, but other than the opening, which is great, it isn’t really a Halloween episode.
Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 (ABC): New. James throws a non-scary Halloween party. Jane attempts to keep Chloe from going through with an elaborate trick. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes. This episode does a great job of playing with the romantic comedy genre and also showing that they seem to have really figured out what this show is going to be as the second season gets underway.
Sons of Anarchy (FX): New. Bonds are tested and broken and some things get out of hand. Runs 65 minutes. Plays twice and again later. This is another great episode that sets things up for the second half of the season. I love the scene at the end with Jax and his mother.
Hart of Dixie (The CW): New. Zoe thinks George is sleepwalking. AnnaBeth has an idea that Lavon could use to win the election, but Lemon isn’t sure.
New Girl (FOX): New. Jess is working at a haunted house. Nick is overwhelmed by a former college crush that now reciprocates his feelings. So much great stuff in this episode.
The Mindy Project (FOX): New. Mindy obsesses over picking the right Halloween costume for a party.
Covert Affairs (USA Network): New. Annie gets some intel from Eyal/Mossad and takes it to the agency. Things between Annie and Joan become even tenser. Plays again later. This season has really taken a darker more dramatic turn and this episode continues in that direction. Very interested to find out what happens next week given how this one ends.
- Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): New. The surgical interns deal with a pod quiz. Emily agrees to give a safe sex talk at a high school.
- Go On (NBC): New. Ryan decides to take Owen under his wing. Yolanda thinks it is time for her to leave the group. Plays after a two hour episode of The Voice tonight. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 30 minutes.
- Homeland (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Q&A,” replays. Also plays on SHO2 tonight.
- NCIS (CBS): New. The team investigates after a petty officer is found shot in a billionaire’s car.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. A CIA agent that once worked with Sam comes to him for help. Deeks and Kensi go undercover at a dog show.
- Underemployed (MTV): New. Miles worries about living with a baby. Todd takes Daphne’s idea. Sophia thinks about taking Raviva’s advice. Plays twice.
- Vegas (CBS): New. The sheriff thinks that Savino is trying to get a gaming license fast tracked by kidnapping the son of a Nevada Gaming Commission agent.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action tonight with the Boston Celtics at the Miami Heat followed by the Dallas Mavericks at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Dexter (Showtime): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “Swim,” replays. Also plays on SHO2 earlier tonight.
- Flashpoint (ION): New. Two con artists get mixed up in a bank robbery and Team One is called.
- Hunted (Cinemax): Repeat. Last Friday night’s episode, “LB,” replays.
Tuesday TV Marathons
ION has 12 episodes of Criminal Minds.
TV One has 12 episodes of The Jeffersons early.
USA Network has 16 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
WE tv has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
What will you watch Tuesday on TV?