News & Notes
Over on cable, MTV has the first season finale of Buck Wild, Showtime has The Chocolate Sundaes Comedy Show, and truTV has the series premiere of Guinness World Records Gone Wild.
In late night, FX has the second season premiere of Brand X With Russell Brand.
Community (NBC): Season Premiere. Dean Pelton has the students competing for open spots in a class that everyone wants to be in. Abed is feeling stressed by the idea of the group no longer being together at the end of this school year. Was wondering what the show would be like after all the offseason changes, but the show feels very much like Community and this first episode is a lot of fun.
Parks & Recreation (NBC): New. Ann makes a decision about her dating life. Ben wants the guys to help him choose a caterer for the wedding.
Person of Interest (ABC): New. A tech billionaire is the latest person of interest, but his skills, curiosity and resources could expose what they do, which causes problems with trying to keep him safe. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 60 minutes.
Suits (USA Network): New. Hardman is back and heading up a lawsuit that could ruin the firm. Plays again later.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Shane takes everyone to an island where he believes the cure is hidden. Tyler decides to confront Klaus.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. The doctors are competing to become the face of Seattle Grace. The staff deals with some new hospital policies. Runs 62 minutes.
Elementary (CBS): New. Sherlock helps a former drug dealer finds his missing daughter. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Amy and Penny deal with the aftermath of Leonard and Sheldon getting into a fight. Runs 31 minutes.
- Scandal (ABC): New. David figures some things out about Cytron. Everyone is trying to protect themselves. This is supposed to be some kind of #GameChanger episode, but that is a big thing to be publicizing. Do you think it will live up to the promos? Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Jake brings home his new girlfriend, who is much older. Walden is trying to keep something from Alan. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 30 minutes.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Indiana at Illinois followed by Washington at UCLA.
- ESPN2 has tripleheader college basketball action with Clemson at Virginia, Missouri at Texas A&M and St. Mary’s at Santa Clara.
- NBC Sports has college basketball action with Old Dominion at Drexel.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Los Angeles Lakers at the Boston Celtics followed by the Chicago Bulls at the Denver Nuggets.
- Necessary Roughness (USA Network): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Fall Guy,” replays.
Thursday TV Marathons
Burn Notice (USA Network): Has five episodes early.
House (Oxygen): Has eight episodes that play twice.
Living Single (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS (USA Network): Nine episodes tonight.
Without a Trace (ION): Seven episodes.