Tuesday on TV: Cult Series Premiere, White Collar, Justified & More
News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has a The Bachelor: Sean Tells All special and the third season premiere of Body of Proof and The CW has the series premiere of Cult.
Over on cable, BBC America has a Bear Grylls’ Wild Adventures special, Comedy Central has the series premiere of The Jeselnik Offensive, Discovery Channel has a Yukon Men special, History has the series premiere of Ultimate Soldier Challenge, and Syfy has the second season finale of Total Blackout.
Raising Hope (FOX): New. Sabrina doesn’t like how everyone is celebrating Arbor Day.
New Girl (FOX): Repeat. The “Fluffer” episode from earlier this season replays, where Schmidt pretends to be Mitt Romney’s son to try and get a date with a pretty Republican woman.
New Girl (FOX): New. Schmidt finds a great parking spot and a battle ensues.
The Mindy Project (FOX): New. Mindy gets asked to do a medical segment for a local news station.
Justified (FX): New. Raylan deals with an old nemesis out for revenge. Boyd and Ava attend a party with the upper crust of Harlan. Plays again later twice. This is another fun episode with a little overall story progression at the end.
Hart of Dixie (The CW): New. Wade sets out to win a Battle of the Bands and use the prize money to open his own bar. Lemon and Magnolia do some sisterly bonding. Lavon attempts to help Tom with his relationship.
Go On (NBC): New. Ryan leaves while filming a live commercial and Terrell Owens steps in to replace him. Lauren gets upset after she learns her group got a low evaluation score. Runs 30 minutes.
White Collar (USA Network): New. Peter and Neal have different ways to go after a duo of thieves. Plays again later.
- Body of Proof (ABC): Season Premiere. Megan has returned to work some months after Peter’s death and learns that a guy from her past is now a detective she will be working with. Megan’s daughter is taken hostage by a serial killer they are investigating. Part One of Two. They made some interesting changes, most for the better. But, still not enough to get me back watching the show. Although, I may watch next week’s conclusion to the two-parter, but not likely anymore after that.
- Cult (The CW): Series Premiere. A reporter’s brother goes missing after ranting about a TV show being out to get him. The reporter finds that his brother may have been on to something and with the help of a worker on the show; he begins to investigate the dark underworld that surrounds the show. Plays again Friday night. Watch interviews with series stars Robert Knepper (Prison Break), Matt Davis (The Vampire Diaries), Jessica Lucas (Melrose Place) and Alona Tal (Supernatural). This is a very solid introduction to a very interesting concept for a show. The whole show within a show aspect and many actors playing dual roles as both their character as an actor on a show and the part they play on that show. The mystery around the show and its rabid fan base all hooked me. Do the people on the show know what is going on? Do some know? Are some apart of it or are they just actors? It could spin out of control and be too much to keep a handle on, or it could be a fun little ride. As of the premiere episode, I’m onboard to find out. Will you be checking it out tonight? Have you already seen it after it was posted online?
- Cougar Town (TBS): New. Everyone is checking out the potential buyers for Grayson’s place. Laurie deals with a very clingy Wade, who is just back from Afghanistan. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- The Lying Game (ABC Family): New. Sutton is losing face in her mother. Rebecca likes how things are unraveling between Ted and Kristin. Alec thinks that Jordan may be a way to get at his wife.
- NCIS (CBS): New. Director Vance uncovers something while on leave that makes him question everything.
- NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS): New. Kensi and Deeks end up trying to follow a trail in the woods.
- Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family): New. Det. Wilden has secrets he is trying to keep hidden. Spencer finds someone to lean on. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “What Becomes of the Broken Hearted?,” replays right before.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Indiana at Michigan State followed by Florida at Missouri.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with Florida State at North Carolina State.
- NBA TV has action tonight with the Boston Celtics at the Denver Nuggets.
- The Americans (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Gregory,” replays.
- Southland (TNT): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s fifth season premiere episode, “Hats and Bats,” replays.
Tuesday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Seven episodes tonight.
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes.
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Five episodes tonight.
The Jeffersons (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 16 episodes.