News & Notes
Over on cable, AMC has the first season finale of Freakshow and the second season finale of Comic Book Men, Bravo has the fifth season premiere of Tabatha Takes Over, Discovery Channel has the second season finale of Property Wars, History has the first season finale of Big Rig Bounty Hunters, TBS has the second season premiere of Men at Work, and TLC has the series premiere of Casino Confidential, the series premiere of America’s Worst Tattoos and the third season premiere of NY Ink.
In late night, AMC has the first season finale of Immortalized.
Community (NBC): New. Britta puts on a Sophie B. Hawkins dance to compete with the dean’s Sadie Hawkins dance.
Parks and Recreation (NBC): New. Ben is being presented the key to the city from his hometown. Ron deals with a lawsuit.
New Girl (FOX): New. Nick and Jess decide they should go on a first date in an attempt to figure things out between them. Winston and Schmidt attempt to ruin the date.
The Mindy Project (FOX): New. Mindy hits it off with a great guy that turns out to be a prostitute.
Hannibal (NBC): Series Premiere. The FBI is investigating the disappearance of college students and agent Jack Crawford recruits a criminal profiler, Will Graham, and a brilliant psychiatrist, Dr. Hannibal Lecter. I haven’t had a chance to see this yet, but every review I’ve seen or heard says that it is really good. I’m very much looking forward to checking it out tonight.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon, Leonard and Raj are all competing for tenure at the university. Runs 31 minutes.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Walden and Alan have to deal with Jake cheating on his girlfriend with her daughter. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 30 minutes.
Person of Interest (CBS): New. Finch gets into a tech company to get background on the latest number. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 60 minutes.
Elementary (CBS): New. Sherlock and Watson attempt to stop a bank robbery during a snow storm. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Go On (NBC): New. Ryan gets a flirty drunken call from his assistant and isn’t sure how to handle it. Runs 30 minutes.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. A group of Syrian doctors come to the hospital for a crash course in surgical skills. April decides to set things straight with Matthew. Runs 62 minutes.
- Orphan Black (BBC America): Repeat. Last Saturday night’s series premiere episode, “Natural Selection,” replays.
- Scandal (ABC): New. The team sets out to fix a mistake in an old case that could put everyone in danger. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
- ESPN has the NIT Basketball Championship game.
- MLB Network has a game today and another tonight.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action tonight.
- Psych (USA Network): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Cirque Du Soul,” replays.
- The Walking Dead (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s third season finale episode, “Welcome to the Tombs,” replays.
Thursday TV Marathons
Burn Notice (USA Network): Five episodes early.
Doctor Who (BBC America): Six episodes.
House (Oxygen): Seven episodes.
Living Single (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS (USA Network): Seven episodes.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Nine episodes early.
Without a Trace (ION): Eight episodes.