News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has a Top Gear: Best of 12/13 special and the second season premiere of James May’s Man Lab, Syfy has the series premiere of Defiance, Sundance has the miniseries finale of Top of the Lake, TNT has the second season finale of Dallas, and Travel Channel has the series premiere of Burger Land.
In late night, Showtime has the second season finale of Inside Comedy.
The Lost Girl S.3 finale plays next week, April 22nd, and S.4 of Warehouse 13 resumes the week after, April 29th.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Lily is offered an opportunity that would require a move to Rome. Ted and Barney become obsessed with a pretty woman in a puffy coat. Runs 30 minutes.
The Following (FOX): New. Roderick makes a big move. Ryan attempts to get information out of one of Joey’s followers. Replays late night Saturday.
Castle (ABC): New. Beckett and Castle investigate after a body is found near some very large footprints, leading Castle to speculate about Bigfoot. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Bones (FOX): New. The team investigates after stripper, who is a stock broker by day, is found dead. Booth deals with the return of his mother after 24 years.
Defiance (Syfy): Series Premiere. It’s 2046 and years after a war between several invading alien races and humans. Everyone works to maintain a very fragile peace in this new world or so they would have you believe. Runs two hours. Plays three times. This is a very big undertaking for Syfy, not just because of the game side of the equation, and it gets off to a good start tonight. Yet, it didn’t quite live up to some very lofty expectations. Although, after watching the first four hours of the series, it starts to settle in and looks like it can, and hopefully will, become a very compelling series. There is a lot going on and many things being setup. It’s definitely worth checking out. I’m onboard. Will you be watching it tonight?
- Bates Motel (A&E): New. Norma gets some help, while Norman awaits her return. Emma and Norman discover something big. Plays twice and again later twice. The previous four episodes replay right before.
- Dallas (TNT): Season Finale. In the first episode, John Ross and Pamela make a discovery and Bobby reveals more of J.R.’s master plan. In the season finale, Christopher is searching for his mother and Sue Ellen attempts to get Ken Richards to do the right thing. Both play again later.
- Feherty (Golf Channel): New. Golf personality David Feherty interviews Nick Faldo. Plays again later.
- Hawaii Five-0 (CBS): New. McGarrett is telling Catherine the story of his last mission in North Korea as they head there to retrieve the remains of a friend.
- Revolution (NBC): New. Monroe’s paranoia grows after Neville disappears. Miles and Charlie become closer. Rachel attempts to turn the power back on. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the Cincinnati Reds at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action tonight.
- Inside Comedy (Showtime): Season Finale. David Steinberg talks with Robert Schimmel. Plays again later.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Collaborators,” replays.
Monday TV Marathons
Bates Motel (A&E): The first five episodes play tonight.
Castle (Lifetime): Five episodes tonight.
The Client List (Lifetime): Five episodes tonight.
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes tonight.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Has 12 episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Oxygen): Nine episodes early.
Martin (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS (USA Network): Nine episodes.
Roseanne (WE tv): Has 18 episodes tonight.