News & Notes
Tonight, PBS has the first season finale of Market Warriors.
Over on cable, BBC America has a Top Gear: Best of 12/13 special, Food Network has the 17th season premiere of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, Sundance has the series premiere of Rectify, Syfy has the third season finale of Lost Girl, and Travel Channel has the third season finale of Bizarre Foods America.
Bones (FOX): New. The team is working to prevent and outbreak after a journalist’s body carrying a virus is found in a biohazard facility.
The Following (FOX): New. Ryan, Parker and Weston have a plan to storm the mansion, but Joe may have already escaped. His followers try to create a diversion in the town’s evacuation center. Replays late night Saturday.
Castle (ABC): New. Castle works frantically to solve the case and save Beckett who has really stepped in it, or on it, in this case. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. The “Autumn of Breakups” episode from earlier this season replays. Runs 30 minutes.
Defiance (Syfy): New. Nolan pursues the killer. An alien ritual causes some problems for Irisa. Plays again later. The two-hour series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays right before and earlier today as well. This is an okay episode that gives you a little background on one of the alien races, but mostly it is murder investigation, procedural-ish episode. While there is some fun special f/x of them heading down into what used to be St. Louis, it is not as good as next week’s episode. While there is still investigating going on, and will almost always be with a lawman at the center of the series, next week’s episode gives more depth to Irisa and her race. Hopefully, going forward we will get more like next week and less like this week. If so, this could really develop into something interesting to watch.
Lost Girl (Syfy): Season Finale. Bo attempts a rescue against overwhelming odds to save two people she cares about. Kenzi learns something about Hale. Dyson learns something about Bo’s past. Plays again later. Season four of Warehouse 13 resumes in this time slot next week.
- Bates Motel (A&E): New. Dylan wants Norman to move in with him. Norma gives Emma a warning. Plays twice and again later twice. Last Week’s episode, “Ocean View,” replays right before.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Sundance): Season Premiere. Places serving “Tacos and Tots” are checked out. Plays again later.
- Feherty (Golf Channel): New. Golf personality David Feherty interviews Curtis Strange. Plays again later.
- Rectify (Sundance): Series Premiere. A death row inmate is released after 19 years in solitary confinement. He struggles to deal with a much changed world, as he returns to his small town home. Runs two hours. This six hour series sounds very interesting.
- Revolution (NBC): New. Monroe’s paranoia grows after Neville disappears. Miles and Charlie become closer. Rachel attempts to turn the power back on. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes. This is the episode that got pre-empted last week.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the New York Yankees at the Tampa Bay Rays.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA Playoffs action tonight.
Monday TV Marathons
Criminal Minds (ION): Nine episodes tonight.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Has 12 episodes tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (Oxygen): Eight episodes early.
Martin (TV One): Has 12 episodes early.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.
Roseanne (WE tv): Has 18 episodes tonight.