News & Notes
On cable tonight, Discovery Channel has the fourth season premiere of Sons of Guns, Epix has a Jim Breuer: And Laughter For All comedy special, Starz has the first season finale of Da Vinci’s Demons, and Syfy has the second season premiere of Continuum.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.183, “An Early Look at the 2013-14 TV Season.” On this episode I am joined by @mytakeontv and @danielletbd. We talk about what looks good and what doesn’t for Fall 2013 and Midseason 2014 after watching most of the new pilots recently announced. We also talk about recent episodes of Awkward. and Hannibal, the first season finale of Orphan Black and the third season premiere of The Killing.
Enter our Wedding Band Season 1 DVD giveaway.
Baby Daddy (ABC Family): Repeat. This past Wednesday’s episode, “There’s Something Fitchy Going On,” replays, where Ben tries to show Riley her new boyfriend isn’t what he seems.
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family): Repeat. This past Wednesday’s episode, “Toxic Parents,” replay, where Mel and Joe find out their dates used to be married to each other.
Da Vinci’s Demons (Starz): Season Finale. The location of the Book of Leaves is revealed. Leonardo attempts to save the Medicis. Plays again later.
Continuum (Syfy): Season Premiere. Kiera resurfaces after the mayor is assassinated. Alec is finding what he now knows tough to deal with. Plays again later. The second season gets off to a good start tonight.
- In the Flesh (BBC America): New. Part two of three. This three part miniseries plays over the next three days. The show follows a zombie teenager as he reintegrates back into the community and his family. He committed suicide four years ago, but shortly after his funeral, thousands rose from the dead. They were rehabilitated and given medication and are now known as PDS (Partially Deceased Syndrome) sufferers. Runs 75 minutes. Plays again later.
- MLB Network has a game tonight.
- Defiance (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Good Bye Blue Sky,” replays. Plays again later.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “A Tale of Two Cities,” replays.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Repeat. This past Monday’s episode, “Instinct,” replays.
Friday TV Marathons
Cold Case (ION): Has 15 episodes.
Continuum (Syfy): All 10 first season episodes play.
Girlfriends (Centric): Has 17 episodes early.
Good Times (TV One): Has 14 episodes early.
Justified (FX): Five episodes in late night.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 18 episodes.
Supernatural (TNT): Has 11 episodes.