TV Sunday: Falling Skies S.3 Premiere, Game of Thrones S.3 Finale, Veep & More
News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has The 67th Annual Tony Awards.
Over on cable, Destination America has the series premiere of Last Call Food Brawl, Discovery Channel has a Yellowstone: Brink of Disaster special, HBO has the third season finale of Game of Thrones, HGTV has the eighth season premiere of HGTV Star, History has the second season premiere of Mountain Men and the seventh season finale of Ice Road Truckers, Lifetime has the seventh season finale of Army Wives, TNT has the third season premiere of Falling Skies, Travel Channel has the second season premieres of Xtreme Waterparks and Insane Coaster Wars, and truTV has the third season premiere of Storage Hunters.
Enter our Wedding Band Season 1 DVD giveaway.
Da Vinci’s Demons (Starz): Repeat. The first season finale episode, “The Lovers,” replays. Plays again later.
Game of Thrones (HBO): Season Finale. Joffrey challenges Tywin. Bran is telling a ghost story. Daenerys finds out whether she is a conqueror or liberator. Runs 70 minutes. Plays again later.
Veep (HBO): New. Selina prepares for an easy interview and then is surprised by what she gets asked. Starts 10 minutes after the hour and runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Falling Skies (TNT): Season Premiere. It’s been seven months from where things left off in season three and tensions are high as rebel skitters fight alongside humans. Hal is struggling with nightmares. Tom and Anne get ready for the birth of their baby. In the second episode, a plan is hatched to strip the aliens of the power they need to build. Anne thinks something might be wrong with her baby. Both play again later. The third season gets off to a great start and heads off in some interesting directions after where we left off last season.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants compete to create the best burger for 100 burger enthusiasts. Plays again later.
- The Killing (AMC): New. Sarah has reasons to join a task force being put together to track a serial killer she just discovered has been killing for quite some time now. Holder finds himself a new street informant. Seward gets an old rivalry going. Plays again later. Last week’s two episodes, “The Jungle” and “That You Fear the Most,” replays right before.
- Mad Men (AMC): New. Betty is planning Sally’s future. Peggy is having some trouble at home. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- ABC has Game 2 of the NBA Finals with the San Antonio Spurs at the Miami Heat.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Cincinnati Reds.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Los Angeles Angels at the Boston Red Sox.
- Burn Notice (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday night’s seventh season premiere episode, “New Deal,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
Awkward. (MTV): All 33 episodes of the series thus far play.
The Cosby Show (TV Land): Nine episodes early.
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Seven episodes tonight.
The Golden Girls (TV Land): Has 11 episodes tonight.
Moesha (Centric): Has 18 episodes.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 10 episodes.
Perry Mason (Hallmark Movie Channel): Episodes all day.
Roseanne (TV Land): Nine episodes today.