Tonight on TV: Drop Dead Diva S.5 Premiere, The Killing, Falling Skies & More
News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premiere of Whodunnit? and NBC has the series premiere of Crossing Lines.
Over on cable, AMC has the sixth season finale of Mad Men, BBC America has the second season premiere of Copper, CMT has a Willie Nelson & Friends From Third Man Records special, Discovery Channel has a Skywire Live With Nik Wallenda special and the series premiere of Naked & Afraid, HBO has the second season finale of Veep, and Lifetime has the fifth season premiere of Drop Dead Diva and the series premiere of Devious Maids.
Elementary (CBS): Repeat. The “Déjà Vu All Over Again” episode from this past season replays, where Joan takes on her first solo case after a woman disappears after leaving a video breakup for her husband.
The Killing (AMC): New. Bullet is trying to find a victim on the run before anyone else does. Seward doesn’t react well to some surprise visitors. Plays again later two times. Last week’s episode, “Head Shots,” replays earlier this morning.
Falling Skies (TNT): New. Charleston defeats another alien attack and Tom gets invited to meet a powerful leader. Ben is struggling with his identity. Anne finds out something that could put everyone in jeopardy. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “Badlands,” replays earlier this morning and afternoon.
- Copper (BBC America): Season Premiere. Corcoran has to deal with a new sergeant while he searches for some missing boys. Freeman has a difficult choice to make. Maguire finds out his fate. Plays multiple times tonight.
- Crossing Lines (NBC): Series Premiere. A unique team of international cops is put together to track a serial killer that is moving between countries and leaving a victim in each one. Stars William Fichtner (Prison Break, Invasion) and Donald Sutherland (The Pillars of the Earth and Dirty Sexy Money). Solid police procedural that feels a bit like Criminal Minds or Law & Order: Special Victims Unit with the interesting twist of tracking crimes across country borders.
- Devious Maids (Lifetime): Series Premiere. A maid gets murdered during a big party at her employers’ house. Another maid gets a job to try and find out what really happened at that party. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later twice. Very much enjoyed the first few episodes of this show. It feels a lot like the first season of Desperate Housewives. It’s got the same style of soapy dramedy with mystery backdrop that made that first season of Desperate Housewives so much fun.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Season Premiere. Jane takes an important case of a dying boy while searching for her missing fiancé. Jane learns the “Old Jane” sent herself back. Kim takes the case of a friend who had naked pictures posted online by an ex-boyfriend. Plays again later. So great to have this show back, especially after how it ended its fourth season and then was cancelled. Very much liked how they resolved the cliffhanger, but don’t want to say any more than that.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants are teamed up to prepare a menu at a luxury cinema for a group of movie enthusiasts. Plays again later.
- Mad Men (AMC): Season Finale. Don has some difficulties. Runs 65 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- Restaurant: Impossible (Food Network): New. A small Greek diner in Woodstock, Il is on the two day clock. Plays again later.
- Veep (HBO): Season Finale. Selina and her staff go into full crisis mode while dealing with the administration. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- CBS has final round coverage of the Travelers Championship golf tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the Texas Rangers at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Tampa Bay Rays at the New York Yankees.
- Burn Notice (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday night’s episode, “Down Range,” replays.
- Teen Wolf (MTV): Repeat. This past Monday night’s episode, “Fireflies,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Seven episodes tonight.
Dexter (Showtime): All 12 seventh season episodes replay to get you ready for next week’s eighth season premiere.
Flashpoint (ION): Five episodes today.
Jane Doe (Hallmark Movie Channel): Has 10 mystery movies starring Lea Thompson.
Roseanne (TV Land): Has 10 episodes.
The Wayans Bros. (Centric): Has 20 episodes.
Without a Trace (ION): Five episodes tonight into late night.