TV Tonight TV: Dexter S.8 Premiere, Ray Donovan Series Premiere, Falling Skies & More
News & Notes
Tonight, PBS has the sixth season finale of Inspector Lewis.
Over on cable, BET has the 2013 BET Awards, Discovery Channel has a Skywire: Nik Talks the Walk special, G4 has the fifth season premiere of American Ninja Warrior, and Showtime has the eighth season premiere of Dexter and the series premiere of Ray Donovan.
Magic City (Starz): Repeat. This past Friday’s episode, “Adapt or Die,” replays. Plays twice.
Dexter (Showtime): Season Premiere. Dexter tries to get things back to normal, but he is having trouble getting in contact with Deb after the events of last season. Plays again later two times. The final season gets off to a great start. There are some very interesting developments, especially the relationship of Dexter and Deb and what others have done since the death of LaGuerta.
Falling Skies (TNT): New. Tom and Pope end up having to help each other out to survive after a mission goes badly. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “At All Costs,” replays earlier today.
- Copper (BBC America): New. Donovan attempts to keep the case of more missing boys out of the press. Plays multiple times tonight.
- Crossing Lines (NBC): New. A mysterious virus has killed some wealthy businessmen and the team thinks that it may be linked to a group of art thieves.
- Devious Maids (Lifetime): New. Rosie gets caught in the middle of a lie between the couple she works for. Marisol attempts to get into the Powell house. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later. Last week’s series premiere episode replays earlier this afternoon.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane ends up working with ‘Old Jane.’ Grayson and Kim work on a wrongful termination case. Plays again later. Last week’s fifth season premiere episode, “Back From the Dead,” replays earlier this afternoon.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants have to participate in a one-take interactive show. Plays again later.
- The Killing (AMC): New. Sarah and Holder get close to the latest victim. Seward has to face his past. Bullet is having trouble dealing with the truth. Plays three times. Last week’s episode, “Scared and Running,” replays earlier this morning.
- Ray Donovan (Showtime): Series Premiere. Ray’s father gets released earlier than expected from prison. Meanwhile, Ray is trying to figure out how to get an action star out of a scandal with a transsexual. Plays again later. I’ve seen the first two and this is right near some great TV. It’s got interesting storylines/backstory and complex characters with some pretty good performances. I’m looking forward to keeping up with this one.
- Under the Dome (CBS): Repeat. This past Monday night’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the New York Yankees at the Baltimore Orioles.
- NBC has final round coverage of the U.S. Women’s Open golf tournament.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Tampa Bay Rays at the New York Yankees.
- Baby Daddy (ABC Family): Repeats. A couple episodes from this season replay.
- Burn Notice (USA Network): Repeat. This past Thursday night’s episode, “Brothers in Arms,” replays.
Sunday TV Marathons
The A-Team (Centric): Has 18 episodes.
Bates Motel (A&E): Five episodes today.
The Cosby Show (TV Land): Has 12 episodes early.
Covert Affairs (Syfy): Six episodes tonight into late night.
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Seven episodes tonight.
Defiance (Syfy): Six episodes early.
Law & Order (TNT): Eight episodes very early.
Martin (MTV2): Has 10 episodes tonight.
Matlock (Hallmark Movie Channel): Has 10 TV mystery movies today.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 12 episodes.
Roseanne (TV Land): Has 10 episodes.
Without a Trace (ION): Five episodes tonight into late night.