News & Notes
Over on cable, BET has the sixth season premiere of Sunday Best, Food Network has the eighth season finale of Cupcake Wars and the series premiere of Food Court Wars, HBO has the first season finale of Family Tree, and Spike TV has the third summer season premiere of Bar Rescue.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. The “What Animated Women Want” episode from this past season replays, where Homer attempts to fix things with Marge after annoying her and Milhouse decides that becoming a bad boy will help him attract Lisa. Runs 30 minutes.
Dexter (Showtime): New. The investigation continues into a possible new serial killer taking parts of people’s brains. Dr. Vogel asks Dexter for help. Deb continues searching for the stolen jewelry. Plays again later two times. Last week’s eighth season premiere episode, “A Beautiful Day,” replays earlier this evening. Last week’s premiere got things off to a great start, but tonight’s episode steps things up and sends the final season off in some interesting directions.
Falling Skies (TNT): New. Hal decides to reveal his troubles. Lourdes attempts an experimental procedure. A group heads out on a search and rescue mission, which shakes up Charleston’s leadership. Plays twice. Last week’s episode, “Search and Rescue,” replays earlier today.
- Copper (BBC America): New. Corcoran has to choose whether to be loyal. Maguire takes on his position. Morehouse and Elizabeth exchange vows. Plays multiple times tonight.
- Crossing Lines (NBC): New. Eva and Tommy run into some trouble after going under cover after an abandoned car discovery sends the team to Poland.
- Devious Maids (Lifetime): New. Something from Taylor’s past comes to light. Spence offers Rosie some help. Carmen meets with a music producer. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Setting the Table,” and the previous week’s episode, “Pilot,” replay earlier this afternoon.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane takes the case of a jilted bride. Paul stays with Jane and Stacy. Kim brings a new partner into the firm. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants have to come up with a product that represents their culinary point of view. Plays again later.
- The Killing (AMC): New. Holder and Sarah may have a break in the case. Seward deals with ensuing death. Bullet becomes the protector. Plays three times. Last week’s episode, “Eminent Domain,” replays earlier this morning.
- Ray Donovan (Showtime): New. Ray goes about planning to put his father back in prison. Abby decides to spend the day with Mickey and the kids. Ray attempts to help an A-list actor after he gets a threatening message. Plays again later two times. Last week’s series premiere episode, “The Bag of the Bat,” replays earlier this evening.
- Under the Dome (CBS): Repeat. This past Monday night’s episode, “The Fire,” replays.
- ESPN has the Men’s Wimbledon Final early and later Sunday Night Baseball MLB action tonight with the Boston Red Sox at the Los Angeles Angels.
- TBS has MLB action today with the Baltimore Orioles at the New York Yankees.
- Graceland (USA Network): Repeats. The first four episodes replay.
Sunday TV Marathons
7th Heaven (UPtv): Nine episodes today.
CSI: Miami (WE tv): Seven episodes tonight.
Flashpoint (ION): Five episodes.
Girlfriends (Centric): Has 20 episodes.
Jesse Stone (Hallmark Movie Channel): Has five TV mystery movies starring Tom Selleck today that play twice.
Law & Order (TNT): Nine episodes very early.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (ION): Nine episodes tonight and into late night.
NCIS (USA Network): Has 14 episodes.